For potential problem Windows 8 enables you to scan your PC’s Hard Drives. Errors that encounters in hardware are:
Malfunctioning of the Hardware: Even if the hard drive of you computer has never encountered any crash. The hard drives may encounter physical and logical errors that lead to malfunctioning and in format or in the data stored in the drive. If the PC encounters a power failure and file corruption then the hard drive gets victim of logical file corruption.
The Hard Drive errors are immediately noticeable as the most logical errors does not let the PC to crash and they may not affect the files that you are using which is often unnoticeable.
Windows 8 automatically scans each hard drive on the system time to time. You can even manually scan the drives at any time after power failure etc. Microsoft makes it easy for you in Windows 8 by providing you with an error checking feature that you can reach from hard drive’s properties panel.
Checking the hard drive for errors is a very simple process in Windows. Windows has an integrated a series of tool that helps the users to determine whether their hard drives contains any type of error or not. In many cases the Windows are efficient enough for repairing those errors instantly. Hard drives errors may be scary if one experiences it for the first time. Apart from this users are always recommended to use power backups to secure and protect their documents. You need to have backup on separate physical drive so that you can use them whenever your hard drives crashes upon.
How to check Windows 8 Hard Drive for Errors by build in utility:
- Firstly start the Windows 8 metro UI.
- Then type the word computer this will automatically display the search prompt.
- Then select the Computer.
- After this right click on the drive which you want to test and then select the properties.
- After this select the Tools tab and choose the check in the Error Checking Section.
- If in the Windows prompt there is no error found then you can still check the drive by selecting the Scan Drive option.
- Then wait for the error checking tool to complete.
- After completion of error checking you can now click on Close.