You might have seen the TwDsUiLaunch.exe file on your system. Have you ever confused what it is? Whether it is a legit file or a virus?
Should you delete the program from your system? This post will answer all of your queries related to the TwDsUiLaunch.exe Windows process.
So, without wasting much time, let’s get started!
To repair corrupted Windows system files, we recommend Advanced System Repair:
This software is your one stop solution to fix Windows errors, protect you from malware, clean junks and optimize your PC for maximum performance in 3 easy steps:
What is TwDsUiLaunch.exe?
For Windows PC, the Twdsuilaunch.exe is not something that is related to any crucial system file. It is associated with any software for Brother Printing Utility by Microsoft Windows.
This file facilitates the use of Brother printers on your Windows system. Although it is not a crucial file, when it is corrupt or infected, it can lead to several issues on your computer.
If you think it is unnecessary, you can delete it when needed. You can find this file in C:\Windows\twain_32\Brimm15a\Common\ folder. If you are using a TOSHIBA laptop, TwDsUiLaunch.exe is simply a legitimate executable file belonging to the TOSHIBA Wireless Display Utility software.
You can wirelessly connect your laptop to another TV or projector and display your screen with this file. This Twdsuilaunch.exe is responsible for launching the software’s user interface.
In addition, it also provides many options to configure and manage the wireless display settings of your device. It has a minimum file size of 1.5MB and has low CPU and memory usage. In the TOSHIBA system, you can find this file in C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Wireless Display or C:\Windows\twain_32\Brimm17b\Common\ folders.
Is TwDsUiLaunch.exe Safe?
Yes, TwDsUiLaunch is a safe file. Yet, you must be aware that the Trojan horse files of other viruses may pretend to be TwDsUiLaunch.exe and cause several issues.
In such cases, the system settings, desktop settings, etc may be modified in addition to this, several malicious programs will be installed on your system. If you find this file in some other location rather than the given locations, it is recommended to delete this file.
How to Determine If TrustedInstaller.exe is a Virus or Safe?
If you are confused to determine whether TwDsUiLaunch.exe is a virus or not, the below hacks will help you to sort them out.
#1: Check Your CPU Load
When the TwDsUiLaunch.exe file is infected with some other viruses, the CPU load will be dramatically higher than usual.
- Type Task Manager in the search menu.
- Then, in the Processes tab, check if the CPU and memory usage of this TwDsUiLaunch.exe file is high and highlighted.
Note: Here, Google Chrome is taken as an example.
#2: Check the File Location
If you find the file location in C:\windows\twain_32\Brimm15a\Common\ or C:\windows\twain_32\Brimm15b\Common\, then you don’t need to worry about it. If you find this file located somewhere else, then indicates that this file is suspicious.
How to Remove TwDsUiLaunch.exe File?
If you find this is unnecessary on your system and wish to delete it, there are so many ways to do so.
Fix 1: End the TwDsUiLaunch.exe-Related Processes
The first simplest method to terminate the TwDsUiLaunch.exe Windows process is from the Task Manager. Follow as instructed below.
- Go to Task Manager and in the Processes tab, search for TwDsUiLaunch.exe processes from the list and right-click on it.
- Then, click on the End Task button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, switch to the Startup tab and right-click on the TwDsUiLaunch.exe option from the list of installed programs.
- Finally, click on the Disabled option.
Fix 2: Delete the TwDsUiLaunch.exe Files
If you find the TwDsUiLaunch.exe file in other directories, follow these instructions to delete them.
- Click on Windows + E keys together to open the File Explorer.
- Make use of the Ctrl + F file keys to find the TwDsUiLaunch.exe file.
- Then, right-click on the TwDsUiLaunch.exe file and click on Open file location. Then, select all the files from the C:\Windows\twain_32\Brimm15a\Common\ location and click on Delete.
Note: Make sure, you do not delete the file from the C:\Windows\system32 location.
- Then, restart your PC.
Fix 3: Scan your PC to Remove Malware and Unwanted Programs
When you have deleted the conflicting file from your PC, then you will need to run a virus scan on your device to remove the leftovers. This also helps to delete the malware and unwanted programs on your system.
- Click on the Windows + I keys to navigate to the Windows Settings.
- Next, click on the Update & Security option.
- Then, click on Windows Security and click on the Virus & Threat Protection option.
- Next, click on the Scan options link.
- Next, select any option (prefer to select Full scan) and click on the Scan Now options.
- All the threats on your system will be displayed on the screen, and click on the Start Actions options.
Finally, your PC’s default virus detector tool will detect and delete all the harmful files, directories, viruses, and malware from your PC.
You can also make use of any third-party anti-malware program to scan your PC since the advanced security features of this tool can help your PC to analyze and remove any threats that are not sorted out by the built-in tool of your computer.
Fix 4: Run an SFC Scan
For deeper scanning and removal of corrupt TwDsUiLaunch.exe Windows processes from your system, using the default virus scanning alone is not sufficient. Make use of SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tools to repair corrupted Windows system files.
- Press the Windows key and type cmd in it.
- Then, click on the Run as administrator option to launch the command prompt screen with admin rights.
- Next, type the below command in a new command line and click on the Enter
- sfc /scannow
- Wait until you receive Verification 100 % completed
- Now, restart your PC. Next, again launch the command prompt as an admin, and type and run the following commands.
- dism/Online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
- dism/Online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
- dism/Online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Wait until the commands are executed, and execute the SFC scan to ensure you do not face the problem again.
Fix 5: Uninstall Malicious Programs from Windows
Once you have deleted all the conflicting files associated with TwDsUiLaunch.exe from your PC, you will need to uninstall any unnecessary malicious apps and programs. This will improve your system performance compensating the effects caused by the TwDsUiLaunch.exe file.
- Press the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open the Windows Settings.
- Next, click on the Apps setting.
- Then, search and find the latest installed or conflicting app and click on it.
- Next, click on the Uninstall Follow with the upcoming prompts and proceed with the upcoming instructions to complete the uninstall process.
- Now, hit on the Start key and type %appdata%. Now, click on Open.
- Find and right-click on the installed app folder and click on the Delete option to delete them.
- Next, press the Windows key and enter %localappdata%.
- Now, click on the Open option to launch it.
- Find the app folder and delete it from your system. Restart your computer once done.
Fix 6: Reset Browsers Back to Default Settings
As a final step, you have to delete any spam notifications or extensions from your browser to modify the settings that have been changed by malware.
Note: Resetting the browser back to default settings will remove all the installed extensions, toolbars, and other customizations. The steps instructed below are given for Google Chrome. Follow the instructions for all your browsers installed on your PC.
- Open Google Chrome and press the three-dotted icon.
Proactive tip: You can also type chrome://settings/reset to open the Reset Chrome page.
- Next, click on the Settings option.
- Then, press the Advanced setting in the left pane and click on the Reset and Clean up option.
- Then, click on the Restore settings to their original defaults option.
- Next, confirm the prompt by clicking on the Reset settings button.
Restart your PC and now you have completely removed the TwDsUiLaunch.exe file from your system.
Easy Way to Improve the Windows PC Performance
If for some reason your Windows PC is running slow or showing various errors, then it’s high time for you to pay attention to your computer. Here it is recommended you run the PC Repair Tool.
It is developed by professionals to fix the Windows PC’s common errors and issues, such as corrupted registries, BSOD errors, game errors, DLL errors, and application errors, keeps your PC secure from virus attacks, saves you from file loss, and many more.
This tool also optimizes the PC to improve its performance, so that users can use the computer with maximum performance without any lagging or freezing issues.
That’s it! In this guide, you have learned what is TwDsUiLaunch, whether is it a virus or malware, and the steps to find out if this file is a virus or not.
Also, I have tried my best to list down the methods to remove the TwDsUiLaunch.exe Windows process and also provided other relevant information regarding this file.
Despite this, if you have any sort of queries or questions related to this article or this specific Windows process, then write to us on our Facebook page.
Hardeep has always been a Windows lover ever since she got her hands on her first Windows XP PC. She has always been enthusiastic about technological stuff, especially Artificial Intelligence (AI) computing. Before joining PC Error Fix, she worked as a freelancer and worked on numerous technical projects.