iTunes is widely used by many Mac as well as Windows users. But while using iTunes users are facing error 3194 iTunes.
Thought this error 3194 occurs in both iOS and Windows but this article is focused on iTunes error 3194 in Windows operating system.
If you are among those Windows users that are encountering iTunes error 3194 then this article is for you.
Here, you will get the solutions to fix error 3194 in Windows along with the reason that causes iTunes error.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started…
What Causes iTunes Error 3194
Error 3194 iTunes is experienced by the user at the time of updating or restoring the firmware on their respective devices. Usually, this error is generated when iTunes is unable to communicate with Apple’s server that’s responsible for the updates & restorations.
How to Fix iTunes Error 3194?
There are a few solutions that will help you to overcome error 3194 iTunes in Windows. Have a look at the list of solutions mentioned-below:
- Try to Update Software
- TCP/IP Filtering, Disable Security Software
- Check Host File in Primary C Drive
- Fix iTunes Error 3194 with iTunes
Now, go through the solutions step by step.
Solution 1: Try To Update Software
The very first option you have to try is to update the iTunes and then check the version currently running or Uninstall/Reinstall from the Apple website.
For this, you have to perform the following steps.
- Open iTunes and then Go to Help and then About iTunes
- However, to update this, you have to Go to Help and then Check For Updates
Solution 2: TCP/IP Filtering, Disable Security Software
Try these steps to fix iTunes error 3194. Here, you can see the steps to filter TCP/IP and Disable security software.
- Do not forget to make sure about the third party antivirus tool installed on your PC or the security program. If they are present, then temporary uninstall or simply disable it.
- Now you have to check the internet connection, whether it is working properly or not.
- You need to then restart the Windows or Router after Disable security tool.
Solution 3: Check Host File in Primary C Drive
Look at the host files below, in some cases, it will help you to resolve iTunes Error 3194
- First of all, you have to check the path where the file is actually located and for this, you have to type a path in File Explorer.
- In the next step, you have to select the program for view and then simply edit the file.
- Now, you are required to open the host file in Windows 10 with Notepad.
- Last, but not the least, here you have to copy the line as mentioned below.
- Now simply save the host files and then try to update it with the use of clean install. And, you can also try the option Restore iPhone with the use of iTunes.
Solution 4: Fix iTunes Error 3194 with iTunes
Even after trying the above solutions, if you find that you again came across this error then try to add more paths to the host files.
Well, to do so, you can follow the below steps:
- Try to check for the path where the path is actually located.
- Now you have to type the given path there in the File Explorer menu:
- If still getting the error 3194 in iTunes then try adding more paths to your host files: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
- You can then press enter and select the program for view and then edit the file.
- You can then copy the below lines in the option “Add-in file”
If you add all these three paths in the host files and it will help you to fix iTunes error 3195. However, if the issue is yet not solved then try to check for registry corruption. This is because its registry issue can lead to iTunes error 3194 in Windows PC.
So, in this case, you can then check the registry issues but do not forget to manipulate manually the registry entries. It can somehow cause damage to your PC.
Well, there are more solutions to fix the registry issue you can visit this article to get more information- Fix Corrupt Registry
If you get iTunes error 3194 you can easily fix them with the above solutions mentioned in this blog. All these solutions are very easy to follow and so you don’t have to take any technical help.
Still, if the error is not fixed then there may be some problem with the registry and to repair that, it is recommended to scan the PC with the PC Repair Tool.
This tool has the capability to fix all the issues related to the registries by simply scanning it once.
It has everything built-in need to repair your PC such as cleans up the Windows registry, Settings are restored, system errors are resolved, acts as a guard that tunes, maintains and runs PC smoothly.
It is expected that this article turns out to be useful for you in solving your problem and making iTunes works again properly.
Always up to help others with their PC-related issues, Jack loves to write on subjects such as Windows 10, Xbox, and numerous technical things. In his free time, he loves to play with his dog “Bruno” and hang out with his friends.