Are you struggling with server error while playing the Final Fantasy XIV game? If so, then keep reading the blog and get to know how to fix Final Fantasy Xiv Error 2002.
Well, Final Fantasy 14 is an MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) developed by Square Enix. This game can be played on Windows, PS3, PS4 and macOS as well.
After the release of this game many players have encountered an error message while playing the game that says:
The lobby server connection has encountered an error
This error message appears when the game cannot be connected to the internet. The main cause of this error is the router’s firewall or the Windows defender firewall that tends to block the game to get connected to the internet.
Final Fantasy xiv lobby server error 2002 can be an irritating error as it prevents the gamers to connect the game to play.
Well, this can be fixed with the solutions provided below but first you need to verify whether the system requirements of this game are full-filled or not.
Final Fantasy XIV System Requirements
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (2.0 GHz) / AMD Athlon X2 (2.0 GHz)
- CPU SPEED: Intel Core 2 Duo (2.0 GHz) / AMD Athlon X2 (2.0 GHz)
- OS: Windows XP SP3 or Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit or Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
- RAM: Windows XP: 1.5 GB or Windows Vista/7: 2.0 GB
- VIDEO CARD: 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600 series / ATI Radeon HD 2900 series or equivalent
- VIDEO RAM: 512 MB
- HARDWARE: Yes
- PIXEL SHADER: 3.0
- VERTEX SHADER: 3.0
- SOUND CARD: Yes
- DISK SPACE: Install: 15 GB, Download: 6 GB
- CPU: Intel Core i7 (2.66 GHz) or faster
- OS: Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
- RAM: 4 GB
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 with 768 MB VRAM or equivalent
- VIDEO RAM: 768 MB
- HARDWARE: Yes
- PIXEL SHADER: 4.0
- VERTEX SHADER: 4.0
- SOUND CARD: Yes
- DISK SPACE: 15 GB
Now, that your system has met the minimum and recommended requirement of the game the Final fantasy xiv Error 2002 must have resolved.
If the Final Fantasy 14 lobby server connection error 2002 still persists then go through the other solutions.
How to Fix Final Fantasy XIV Error 2002?
Below are the fixes stated that will guide you to troubleshoot the Final Fantasy xiv error 2002 and solve the server issue so that you can continue playing the game without interruption.
1: Add the Console with the DMZ
To fix the Final Fantasy 14 error 2002, try to add the console with DMZ (demilitarized zone). DMZ is a host on the internet network that forwards the ports to another firewall.
If you add your console with the DMZ then it can connect your game to the internet and solve the error.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Open a web browser
- Enter the Default Gateway number
- Open your router’s settings section and locate DMZ option (it might be under security tab)
- Choose the DMZ option
- Type your console static IP address
- Save the changes and turn off the router and the console
- Wait for couple of minutes and then turn on the console
Open the FFXIV and see if the Final Fantasy xiv lobby server error 2002 is successfully fixed or not.
2: Allow the FFXIV via Router Firewalls
Allowing the FF14 game through the regular firewall is not enough to solve the Final Fantasy xiv error 2002 as those router’s firewall security can be easily altered.
If a third-party firewall is installed then simply visit your manufacturer’s website to allow the FFXIV via router firewalls.
Below are the steps for the console players to allow the Final fantasy 14 via router firewall:
- Press the Windows key
- Type control panel and hit the enter key
- Choose Windows Defender Firewall
- Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall option
- A list of all installed apps will appear, search where FFXIV is install
- Select the main executable and click on OK
Restart the system before proceeding with the update process and check if Final Fantasy xiv error 2002 got resolved or not.
3: Disable your Router’s Firewall
Even after performing the above fixes the Final Fantasy 14 lobby server error 2002 still appears then, try to disable your router’s firewall and connect FFXIV game.
Here are the steps to disable the router’s firewall:
- Open the web browser
- Enter the Default Gateway number (IP address)
- If you don’t know your Default Gateway number then click on Windows icon
- Type cmd, right-click on it and run as administrator
- In the command prompt window, type ipconfig/all and press the enter key
- Scroll down to network adapter that will show you the connection you are currently using to connect with the internet
- Default Gateway number will appear, note it down
- To access the router interface, enter the username and password that is listed on router’s documentation
- Now, click on the menu
- Navigate firewall option (under the connection tab)
- Open your router firewall settings and set it to Minimal security or OFF
- Click on Save
Restart your console and try to play the FF14 without the Final Fantasy xiv error 2002.
4: Uninstall the WTFast
WTFast is a helpful service that helps in reducing the lag on the online games and it works as a VPN server that doesn’t hide your IP address.
If you have installed WTFast for playing FXIV and because of this service you are encountering the Final Fantasy xiv lobby server error 2002 then simply uninstall it.
Go through the below steps to uninstall WTFast:
- Press the Windows key
- Go to settings
- Click on Apps
- Select the Apps and features option
- Now, search for WTFast, select it and click on Uninstall button
Once the WTFast is uninstalled, launch the FFXIV and verify the Final Fantasy xiv error 2002 got resolved or not.
You can also try Revo Uninstaller that will help you in uninstalling the apps or programs automatically with ease.
5: Fix FFXIV by connecting it via Cable
You can try connecting the Final Fantasy xiv game server with the cables to fix the Final Fantasy 14 lobby server connection error 2002.
This will temporarily connect the PC to Ethernet cable and internet trough to the game. FFXIV game will run without any Final Fantasy xiv error 2002 error and you can quickly connect the game to the lobby server.
Other FFXIV Errors and Solutions
Apart from Final Fantasy xiv error 2002, there are a few more issues and errors in the FFXIV game that are listed below with their solutions.
#1: Final Fantasy XIV Launcher Error
FFXIV launcher error appears when the players try to open the game but unable to play as the BootversionCheckMode is set to zero.
This launcher error appears with an error message- A system error has occurred – 2146697211
In order to fix this error you need to edit the FFXIV_BOOT.cfg File. Follow the steps to do so:
- Go to the C:\Users\”YOURUSERNAME”\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV folder.
- Right-click on the FFXIV_BOOT.cfg, click on Open and select Notepad.
- Look below and change 0 to 1.
- Now, save the file named FFXIV_BOOT.cfg.
Try to launch the game and play to see if the FFXIV launcher error appears or not, if yes then delete the FFXIV_BOOT.cfg file.
#2: FFXIV Error 90006
FFXIV Error 90006 appears due to the instant disconnection of the internet or during the rush hour when the player to try to log into the data center.
This error can be simply solved if you flush the DNS and renew the ip config. Here are the steps to proceed further:
- Press the Windows key
- Type cmd and press the CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER key together to open the command prompt
- In the command prompt, type the below command to flush the DNS:
- To renew the ipconfig, type the below command and press the enter key:
Now, close the command prompt and restart the game. Check whether the FFXIV error 90006 got resolved or not.
Besides all these errors if you face any lag or performance issue while playing the Final Fantasy XIV game then try Game Booster.
- It will boost the game for a better experience
- Optimize PC for responsive gameplay
- Get better FPS rate
Wrapping up things
Final Fantasy XIV online videogame does not have that many issues like other games but it does have several server issues like the lobby server error 2002.
Here, I have listed the fixes that will solve the Final Fantasy xiv error 2002 and you can continue playing the game with ease.
If the manual solutions did not work for you then try the PC Repair Tool and scan your system. This will solve all the issues and errors in the game.
I hope this article turns out to be useful in resolving your queries regarding FFXIV game. If you have any suggestions regarding this article then write it to us.
Hardeep has always been a Windows lover ever since she got her hands on her first Windows XP PC. She has always been enthusiastic about technological stuff, especially Artificial Intelligence (AI) computing. Before joining PC Error Fix, she worked as a freelancer and worked on numerous technical projects.