There are many customers who get the error messages rather than they have Windows XP professional along with a password that is set for the main administrator account. The error comes with the instruction at “0x745f2780” reffered memory at “0x00000000”. The memory could not be “read”.
After getting such type of error message, they also get this error whenever they switch on the computer and it come on the user login screen. The error comes as SVCHOST.EXE error. After getting this error messages, there is only one option and it allows hitting on OK to determine the program or can hit to debug the program. This error occurred due to Windows update that had run before the computer was shut down. Also when you start the computer in safe mode, you will receive the same error message.
How to repair SVCHOST.EXE error?
The error appeared because of Windows update in Windows XP. Mentioned below are steps which can fix this error.
Verify Windows update service settings
- Hit on Start, run and then type the following command in the open box and then hit OK service.msc
- After that press Log on tab and be sure that “Local System Account” is selected as logon account along with box for “allow service to interact with desktop” is UNCHECKED.
- Be sure that the service is enabling under the hardware profile section in Logon tab.
- The startup type should be automatic on the general tab and it is not done then you should drop the box down and select automatic.
- After that the servive should be started under “service status” on general tab and then hit on start button to begin it.
- At last repeat the steps for the service “Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS).
Re-Register Windows Update DLLs
- Hit on Start, Run and then type CMD and after that hitb on OK.
- Type the below mentioned command in the black command windows and then press enter
- After that wait till you receive the “DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded” message and the hit on OK.
- Then repeat the last two steps mentioned above for each of the following commands:
Remove the corrupted or damaged Windows update files
- In the command prompt, type the following command and after that press enter
net stop WuAuServ
- Still on command prompt,
type cd %Windir% and the press enter.
- Type the mentioned below command and then press enter just to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder
ren Software Distribution SD_OLD
- Then restart the windows update service by typing the below mentioned command prompt
net start WuAuServ
- At last type exit and then enter to close the command prompt
- Hit on start, shut down and then restart to reboot Windows XP
However all these above method does not solve the issues with a SVCHOST.EXE application error and therefore you should use some third party tool like PC Repair Tool which is an excellent repair tool to fix all sorts of issues and problems related to PC. This powerful tool fixes all the errors and easu to use. With the help of this repair tool, users can easily fix all the issues and errors.