There are many customers who get the error messages rather than they have Windows XP professional along with a password that is set for the main administrator account. The error comes with the instruction at “0x745f2780” referred memory at “0x00000000”. The memory could not be “read”.
After getting such type of error message, they also get this error whenever they switch on the computer and it comes on the user login screen. The error comes as SVCHOST.EXE application error. After getting this error messages, there is only one option and it allows hitting on OK to determine the program or can hit to debug the program. This error occurred due to Windows update that had run before the computer was shut down. Also when you start the computer in safe mode, you will receive the same error message.
How To Fix SVCHOST.EXE Application Error?
The error appeared because of Windows update in Windows 10. Mentioned below are steps with the help of which, you will be able to know how to fix SVCHOST.EXE application error.
#1: Verify Windows Update Service Settings
- Hit on Start, run and then type the following command in the open box and then hit OK service.msc
- After that press Login tab and be sure that “Local System Account” is selected as login account along with a box for “allow service to interact with desktop” is UNCHECKED.
- Be sure that the service is enabling under the hardware profile section in the Login tab.
- The startup type should be automatic on the general tab and it is not done then you should drop the box down and select automatically.
- After that, the service should be started under “service status” on the general tab and then hit on the start button to begin it.
- At last repeat the steps for the service “Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)”.
#2: Re-Register Windows Update DLLs
- Hit on Start, Run and then type CMD and after that hit on OK.
- Type the below mentioned command in the black command windows and then press enter
- After that wait till you receive the “DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded” message and the hit on OK.
- Then repeat the last two steps mentioned above for each of the following commands:
#3: Remove The Corrupted Or Damaged Windows Update Files
- In the command prompt, type the following command and after that press enter
net stop WuAuServ
- Still on command prompt,
type cd %Windir% and then press enter.
- Type the mentioned below command and then press enter just to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder
ren Software Distribution SD_OLD
- Then restart the windows update service by typing the below-mentioned command prompt
net start WuAuServ
- At last, type exit and then enter to close the command prompt
#4: Reboot Windows
- Hit on START button, shut down and then restart to reboot Windows 10.
#5: Turn Off Windows Automatic Updates
For this, you have to first go to the option “Start” then Control Panel and then go to Automatic Updates
- Select “Turn of automatic updates” from there.
- Now reboot your system
- After this, complete a manual Windows updates and then again reboot your PC.
- Now in the last step, turn on the Windows Automatic Updates.
However, all these above methods do not solve the issues with SVCHOST.EXE application error 0x745f2780 and therefore you should use some third-party tool like PC Repair Tool which is an excellent repair tool to fix all sorts of issues and problems related to PC. This powerful tool fixes all the errors and easy to use. With the help of this repair tool, users can easily fix all the issues and errors.