Fix Error: “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)”
Sometimes it may also happen with you that you’re AutoCAD 2015-based program suddenly stopped working and the following error message appears:
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.
It’s not always necessary that this error message will appear each time you start AutoCAD, Sometimes it will just not start and presents no error message. This error which appears at start may reference LMU.exe or the event log may refer to a crash of mshtml.dll.
Probably reasons or cause comprises wrongly registered DLL files, unsuited DLLs, or may be other programs stops AutoCAD from running.
Probably unsuited software includes:
• Program called “Search Protect” or “SW booster”
• Incorrectly switched reg key
• NVIDIA drivers
• Beyond Trust “Trusted Desktop” btpload64.dll
• Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended acapture64.dll and acapture32.dll
• Corrupted C++ installation
• Antivirus or Protection Packages
Uninstall “Search Protect” or “SW Booster” or “Performance Optimizer”
1. check the Window Control Panel
2. Select the installed program list
3. choose and Uninstall “Search Protect”
4. Begin AutoCAD
There is a different program which is wrongly changing a registry key from a 0 to a 1.switching the value of this registry key to 0 may be:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion \Windows\LoadAppInit_DLLsNvidia Drivers
Upgrade the drivers for your graphics card from the NVIDIA website, www.nvidia.com
Software known as “Beyond Trust” may prevent the software AutoCAD. You can recognize a reference to btpload.dll
• You can change the name of btpload.dll or uninstall the program to test. Managing the registry key (above) will also help in this particular problem.
For Adobe Acrobat 9, changes the name of the following DLL files:
Otherwise if you want you can also uninstall the”Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended 64-bit Add-On.” On 32-bit systems, try to adjust the Adobe Acrobat 9 program to not have the “Capture CAD Modules” installed.
Corrupt C++ Installations
If this is a C++ installation error, uninstall the C++ modules on the system and reinstall. Autodesk installer comes with basics in the extracted installation folders- not the installed program files folders. You can manually access the installers here on most machines:
C:\Autodesk\PROGRAM FOLDER NAME\3rdParty\x64\VCRedist
C:\Autodesk\PROGRAM FOLDER NAME\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist
uninstall the redistributables and reinstall them from this location.
Antivirus or Protection Packages
There are soo many products that is in use which also lock down the program to access completing, or does not allow the harmful software from running. Very less companies’ uses to find out unsuited system access can very much probably harm the exact programs on your system running,
For circumstances where other results have not worked, it is valuable re-analyzing the apps of this diversity that can be installed and ensure to see if there are acceptable exceptions in coverage.
Further Troubleshooting with “Autoruns”
To help troubleshoot and to find out what is incompatible with AutoCAD, you can try Microsoft’s Auto runs utility.
1. Download and install Autoruns.
2. Start Autoruns.
3. Start AutoCAD.
4. Check AppInit tab in Autoruns window.
5. Review the DLL files listed and locate them based on the listed paths.
6. Uninstall the related program or rename the files, one by one, testing the program startup after each change to try to isolate the problematic DLL.