DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL error message is one of the irritating BSOD error, this kind of error message appears every time when the user tries to run any app, play game or doing anything on your system.
If you are a Windows 10 user and suffering from this type of error message then it is confirmed that system’s driver gets buggy or faulty.
Once system driver gets buggy then it starts conflicting registry database and it will generate a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).
Symptoms of this error messages are: slow performance, computer freezing, sudden shutdown and more.
DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL BSoD error usually occurs and crashes the computer which is very annoying. The major cause of this error is a driver confliction, damaged or corrupted system pool can trigger this type of error.
Some Common Error Messages Related to DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
- “DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL” appears and crashes the active program window.
- “STOP Error 0xC5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL” is displayed.
- A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file:
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 0xC5 when running the same program.
- “The DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL bug check has a value of 0x000000C5. This indicates that the system attempted to access invalid memory at a process IRQL that was too high.” is displayed.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
Fixes For Windows 10 DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL Error
Fix 1: Remove Faulty System Drivers
So, you need to search for the faulty drivers in Device Manager and remove them from your system to fix DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL issue.
Apply the below-given steps:
- Step 1: First of all, you need to press Windows key and R keys together to open Run command
- Step 2: Now input devmgmt.msc and then click OK
- Step 3: Now you can expand all options and then locate devices with a yellow triangle mark.
- Step 4: After this, you can then right-click one of them and then choose Uninstall device.
You can repeat this action just to uninstall all faulty drivers. After that, you can restart the computer and check if the blue screen issue is fixed.
Fix 2: Reset Windows 10
The error DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL can be triggered by certain software, and in order to fix all of the issues related to the software you need to perform a Windows 10 reset.
Before resetting your Windows 10, you need a Windows 10 installation media, or you can easily create one by using empty USB flash drive and Media Creation Tool.
Note: Resetting Windows 10 will clean your entire PC. So it is recommended to back up all important files from your system partition (generally C drive).
Apply the below-given steps to Reset Windows 10:
- You need to take your PC into automatic repair Window. To do this restart your PC few times during the boot sequence and you will see a black screen having boot options. Select automatic repair option.
- Select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything. Now, you need to insert Windows 10 installation media.
- Choose Only the drive where Windows is installed > Just remove my files and click on the Reset button.
- After all, simply follow the instructions to complete Windows 10 reset.
Fix 3: Update BIOS
The BIOS is the most sensitive part of the system. As it is a software computer, the functioning of the hardware mostly depends on the BIOS. So, you should be highly careful when you modify anything in the BIOS. I would recommend skipping this solution if you do not know what you have to do or what you are doing.
In order to update the BIOS, you can start by hitting the WINKEY + R keys together just to begin the RUN box and then type in msinfo32 and then hit ENTER.
After then, you will be able to see the developer and version of the BIOS that are installed on the computer.
You can go to the website of the manufacturers and then get the latest version of BIOS that is downloaded in your system.
If you are using a laptop then be very sure that you keep it plugged in until the BIOS update is installed.
You can then double click on the newly downloaded file to install the new version of the BIOS. After you done this, just Reboot the system for the changes to take effect.
While using Windows 10, if you get DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL Error then there is a great need to fix this issue. This issue generally occurs due to driver confliction, damaged or corrupted system pool can trigger this type of error. However, you can fix this error very easily with the help of above-mentioned solutions to fix DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL error. Or, if you are unable to fix this issue then you can try PC Repair Tool. This tool has the capability to fix this issue with an ease.