Destiny 2 is the online multiplayer game developed by Bungie. Since its release in 2017 for PC’s, it has become one of the highly played multiplayer games.
But just like other PC games, this is also not free from bugs and issues. Since after the release the gamers reported the Destiny 2 crashing issue during the gameplay. The crashing issue appears after playing the game for at least (20-30 minutes).
Well, this is very irritating as the game freezes and closes in the middle of the gameplay. And there are many other Destiny 2 problems also like freezing PC completely, crashing on launch, locks PC faced by the gamers from time to time.
Moreover, it doesn’t matter what error or issue you are encountering in the Destiny 2 PC game, in this article learns how to troubleshoot Destiny 2 problems completely.
But before, moving further check out the minimum system requirements as if your system does meet the game requirements than this may cause the crashing, freezing, lockup issues.
DESTINY 2 RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- CPU: Intel – Core i5-2400 / AMD – Ryzen R5 1600X
- CPU SPEED: Info
- RAM: 8 GB
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB or GTX 1060 6GB / AMD – Radeon R9 390 8GB
- PIXEL SHADER:1
- VERTEX SHADER:1
- FREE DISK SPACE: 68 GB
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4 GB (AMD 8 GB)
DESTINY 2 MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- CPU: Intel – Core i3-3250 / AMD – FX-4350
- CPU SPEED: Info
- RAM: 6 GB
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8.1 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit
- VIDEO CARD: Nvidia – GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD – Radeon HD 7850 2GB
- PIXEL SHADER:0
- VERTEX SHADER:0
- FREE DISK SPACE: 68 GB
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB
Verify if your system meets the system requirements but still encountering the issues, errors, and bugs in the Destiny 2 game the follow the below-given fixes.
How to Fix Destiny 2 Problems & Errors:
#1: Destiny 2 Crashing Error
The Destiny 2 crashing PC problem is very random and frequently encountered by the gamers. Many are reporting the Destiny 2 crashing on PC, crashes on launch and others.
This is very frustrating as it interrupts the gameplay but the good news is that there are fixes that worked for many users to fix Destiny 2 crash problems on PC.
Here I am sharing the working solutions make sure to follow them carefully and play the game without any error.
Fix 1: Increase the Game Priority
This solution worked for many users to fix the Destiny 2 keeps crashing issue. Well, if the Destiny 2 game priority is lower than your game is not able to get enough memory from the system.
So, you need to raise the Destiny 2 game priority.
Follow the steps to do so:
1) Open the game > press Ctrl, Shift and Esc to open the Task Manager > click Details tab
2) And right-click game (destiny2.exe) > hover over Set priority > click above normal.
3) Then restore your game.
I hope this works for you to fix the destiny 2 crashing PC issue.
Fix 2: Disable the Third-party Programs
It is found that some third-party programs like Discord or NVIDIA Geforce Experience cause interferences in the game. The program runs in the background and causes the Destiny 2 game to crash.
So, here it is suggested to disable the third-party programs that run in the background. You can verify the applications from the task manager.
And after disabling them, launch the game and check if it crashes or not.
Fix 3: Update Device Drivers
If the device drivers are outdated or incompatible then there are ample chances the game started crashing. So here check if the device drivers are outdated then update them.
You can do this manually as well as automatically. Well, the manual process is quite a time taking so we suggest you run the Driver Easy to update and fix the drivers related issues automatically.
However, if you are looking to update it manually then visit the manufacturer or Microsoft official website and check for the latest driver update compatible with your system.
Hope this works for you to fix the Destiny 2 keep crashing problem.
Fix 4: Allow Administrator Access
This solution worked for many gamers here you need to grant Battle.net admin access inside the properties. Well, there are games that require more than normal permissions as it requires high resources.
So, before proceeding verify if you are login as an administrator.
- Very firstly go to the directory where you have installed Battle.net on your system.
- And after getting in the Battle.net directory > right-click the below-given entries > choose Properties.
- Battle.net Launcher
- Then in the properties > choose the Compatibility tab > check the option Run this program as an admin
- And do the steps for all the entries > then enter Destiny 2 folder > on exe > execute the same process. Next, save your changes > Exit. Lastly, restart the system and start playing the game.
I hope, you are able to play Destiny 2 without crashing.
Fix 5: Disable the Third-party Antivirus Software
The antivirus software is the one that causes issues with the application and also eats a lot of memory and resources.
So, if you are still encountering the Destiny 2 crashes my computer issue then temporarily disable the antivirus program. Once disabled then check if the game crashing issue is resolved or not. If this fixes the crashes problem on your PC, then uninstall the antivirus software or contact the customer support site.
Fix 6: Turn Off Overclocking
The high clock speed of the hardware components can weaken the stability of the programs running. And this can be a reason for the game crashing issue.
- If you have overclocked your components such as CPU, RAM, or GPU, then set the clock speed back to default.
- And if you haven’t overclocked them, then reduce the clock speed by about 10%.
Hope after following the given fixes you are able to troubleshoot the Destiny 2 keeps crashing issues.
#2: Destiny 2 Lockups Error
Destiny 2 lockups or crash is another irritating bug or error faced by the gamers while playing the game. Few players are found reporting on the forum thread about the error.
So, here are tricks that work for you to fix the Destiny 2 lockups or crash error.
Fix 1: Repair the Repair Tool
Sometimes the corrupted or damaged game files cause various errors and issues. And it is estimated the game lockups are faced due to corrupt or damaged game files.
So, it is suggested to run the repair tool and check if the error is resolved or not.
Follow the steps to do so:
- First, open the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app.
- Then click the game icon you are looking to repair.
- Next click Options below the game title > choose Scan and Repair
- Click Begin Scan > and wait for the repairing process to finish.
Now check if the Destiny 2 lockups issue is resolved or not.
Fix 2: Reinstall the Game
If the above solution won’t work for you then uninstall the game and reinstall it. You can uninstall the game manually, but running the third-party uninstaller is best to remove the game completely without leaving any traces and registry entries behind.
You can run the Revo Uninstaller to remove the game completely and after that install it again. I hope this works for you to fix the Destiny 2 lockups errors.
#3: Destiny 2 Crash on Startup
This is another irritating issue faced by gamers while launching the game. The Destiny 2 crashes on launch appear frequently when the gamers are launching the game or soon after launching it.
Well, there is no permanent fix for the problem, but there is a quick trick that worked for many gamers to resolve the Destiny 2 crashing on startup issue.
Fix 1: Try to Relocate the DLL File
Go to the Destiny 2 installed folder > copy the “GFSDK_Aftermath_lib.dll” DLL file from there (/Destiny 2/bin/x64) to C:\Program Files\Destiny 2\
Now check if the Destiny 2 crash on startup issue is resolved or not. If not then check the second solution.
Fix 2: Delete Startup and Bootflow
This is a working solution that worked for gamers to fix the crashing on launch issue in Destiny 2.
Follow the steps to do so:
- First, go to the Destiny 2 folder > packages folder
- And scroll down to the bottom to w64_startup_unp1_0 pkg and the pkg
- Delete them
And that’s it the Destiny 2 crash on startup error is fixed.
#4: Destiny 2 Freezing PC Completely
The players are also encountering the Destiny 2 freezes while playing. The PC freeze randomly and nothing works till the system is rebooted.
- To fix the freezing issue you need to first uninstall the GPU driver and roll back to the earlier one. Also, check if the GPU overclocking utilities are running in the background than turn then off
- You can also disable vsync and play in Windowed mode
- Remove Precision X software if installed
These are fixes that work for you to resolve Destiny 2 Freezing PC issues.
You can run the Game Booster to fix the low FPS and improve the gaming experience in Destiny 2 game.
- It boosts the game and you can play the smooth and faster game
- Optimizes your PC for smoother and responsive gameplay
- Get the better FPS rate
#5: Destiny 2 Server Issues
Time to time gamers are found reporting about the Destiny 2 server problems like Destiny 2 servers are not available, Destiny 2 servers down today and others. This is very irritating as you are unable to connect to the server and as a result, you are unable to play the game.
It is likely to happen when too many people are connected to the servers at the same time and the servers are overloading. Despite this, the network issues in the computer can cause the error.
Below are the solutions that work for you to fix Destiny 2 server unavailable problem:
Fix 1: Try Connecting to Destiny 2 Server in another Time
As said above there is a possibility too many gamers connect to Destiny servers at the same time, therefore due to servers overloading, you get the Destiny 2 servers are not available error.
So, it is advised to wait for some time and after that try playing the game. I hope this trick works for you to solve the Destiny 2 server problems.
Fix 2: Utilize the Ethernet Connection
Playing the game like destiny 2 requires a constant and fast internet connection, so it is suggested to switch to the Ethernet connection of your system.
Well, if don’t have an Ethernet connection and you have to use the WiFi connection, then follow the steps given below to force your computer to connect through WiFi.
Follow the steps to do so:
- On your desktop bottom right corner > right click on the network icon, > click Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Now on the left side click Change adapter settings
- Right-click the connections you are not using, > choose Disable.
- Make sure to repeat the same steps for the connections that you are not using.
- And that’s it, now the PC will only use the connection through WiFi.
- Lastly, restart the game and check if it works.
If still, you are encountering the Destiny 2 server problems then follow the next solution.
Fix 3: Try Disabling DHCP
It is estimated that disabling DHCP in your computer will help you fix the server problems in Destiny 2.
Follow the steps given:
- Click Open Network and Internet settings, > then in settings click Network and Sharing Center
- Now on the left > click Change adapter settings.
- And right-click on the connection you are using, > click Properties.
- Next double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). And in the new popup pane,> choose “Use the following IP address” and “Use the following DNS server addresses”.
- And manually enter the IP address and DNS server addresses > click OK to save.
- Lastly, restart your computer
Check if the server problem is resolved or not, if not then make sure your network card driver is updated. You can update the outdated network card driver with an automatic Driver Easy. This helps you to update the drivers automatically.
So, this all about Destiny 2 various errors and issues. I tried my best to list down various Destiny 2 problems from crashing to lockup PC with complete fixes.
Follow the solutions given as per your issue and check if the problem is fixed or not.
I hope the article worked for you to fix various Destiny 2 errors and issues and you are able to play the game with ease.
But if still encountering the errors then feel free to run the PC Repair Tool, as sometimes due to PC related issues various problems occur while playing or installing the game.
And running the tool will help you to fix several computer problems and errors with ease.
Despite this, if you are having any comments, queries or suggestions regarding the one presented then feel-free to share it with us. Just write down in the below comment section.
Hardeep has always been a Windows lover ever since she got her hands on her first Windows XP PC. She has always been enthusiastic about technological stuff, especially Artificial Intelligence (AI) computing. Before joining PC Error Fix, she worked as a freelancer and worked on numerous technical projects.