Top 3 Tricks to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0×80096004
Upgrading any computer or laptop to Windows 10 is become difficult sometime, there are lots of update errors that prevent user from upgrading their system to Windows 10. Some update errors are Microsoft Update Error 0x80072EFF, Windows Update Error 8024402F on Windows 8.1, Windows Update error 80246005, “Error 0x80004005” While “Windows 10 KB3087040 Update”, windows 10 update 0x80070057 error code and more.
In this blog we will discuss about a latest Windows 10 update error i.e. 0×80096004 Error. This error appears and displays a message to look for help online or contact customer support. This error is also known as the TRUST_E_CERT_SIGNATURE error, the main cause of this error is an incorrect certificate.
Solution to solve TRUST_E_CERT_SIGNATURE error
Below some tricks are given that will help you to solve TRUST_E_CERT_SIGNATURE error in a Windows 10 update.
Trick 1: Try to upgrade after opening Port 443 or 80 in the Firewall to Fix the 0×80096004 Errors
As above discussed that 0×80096004 Error is also known as trust_e_cert_signature error which is cause due to invalid certificate. In order to fix invalid certificate you should open ports 443 and port 80 in the firewall for outbound traffic. After opening the given port of your computer’s firewall try to upgrade.
Trick 2: Disable the Anti-Virus Firewall
If you have active antivirus software on your computer or laptop then you have to disable the installed antivirus program in order to solve this issue. There are generally two kinds of Firewalls, first firewall in your WiFi/Ethernet router, and the second one is the software firewall in your antivirus program.
To make sure that the anti-virus program is being problematic, disable or uninstall the anti-virus software before executing the Windows update process. If disabling antivirus program becomes helpful then ok otherwise you will need to modify the firewall settings on your WiFi / Ethernet router, which is described in the below given trick.
Trick 3: Reset Firewall Settings in the Router’s Firewall
Changing router’s firewall settings is little complicated, so it is recommended to be a little more cautious while changing firewall option. In the place of changing router’s Firewall setting, resetting Firewall is the easy task.
Step 1: Open Control Panel and click on the open Security applet. Click on a link Restore defaults present on the left side.
Step 2: A window will open that allows you to restore the default firewall settings. Click on the Restore defaults button. This will reset all the firewall settings that you may have configured for all network locations.
Step 3: You will be asked to reconfirm. Click on the Yes to confirm.
Recommended: Apply a tool to fix 0×80096004 or trust_e_cert_signature Error
In order to fix this issue you can also apply professional software which is specially designed to deal with this type of problems. If you want to make your error free then you should use a professionally designed PC Repair Tool. This application is one of the best and efficient ways to maintain your Windows system. This software contains easy to use interface so that one can easily operate this tool without any need of professional skill. If your computer is displaying any types of error related to registry, DLL, application, Games and more then this error repair tool will help you to fix them. Simply download and install this tool, it will automatically scan your PC/laptop and fix all the errors. This app also provides the facility to fix driver related issue, it can update and fix any error related to the system’s driver. So, it is recommended to use this software and enhance the performance of your old computer.
PC Repair Tool features
- Easily fixes system errors: This tool is able to deal with all types of system errors that cause freezing, crashes, slow PC performance and more.
- Removes malware files: Computer viruses and malware can affect the system files, registry entries and more, this app is able to clean all the malicious files from the system.
- Fix Startup Issues: If your system takes more time to boot then it is sure that some unused startup programs attached itself to the startup folder. This issue can be fixed by PC repair Tool.
- Defrag memory: This app also provides the facility to Defrag system memory and enhance its performance. With the help of this software, you can Defrag a large disk partition within a very small time so it saves your precious time.
- Clean PC’s Junk file:It allows user to delete or remove all the temporary items, junk files and other clutter that affects Widows system performance. It also deletes the private files that hold confidential information.