PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR is a member of Blue Screen of Death errors family. BSoD can generate lots of system issues on Windows 10, as there are lots of causes behind this error so that it becomes difficult to get rid of BSoD type of errors.
Since this error can make your system unstable, so in this blog, we’re going to show you how to fix PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR BSoD error.
Symptoms of PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR Blue Screen Errors
- Running program Window crashes when “PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR” appears.
- “STOP Error 0xCA: PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR” is appeared.
- A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file:
- Computer or laptop is crashing frequently with Error 0xCA when executing the same application.
- “The PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x000000CA. This shows that the Plug and Play Manager meet a severe error, possibly as a result of a problematic Plug and Play driver.” is appeared.
- System performance decreases and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- System freezing for a few seconds at a time.
Causes of PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR Blue Screen Errors
- Damaged or corrupt Windows registry because of a recent installation or un-installation of software.
- Computer virus or malware infection may make the Windows system files or Windows Operating System-related program files corrupt.
- Installed System Driver may conflict after adding new hardware to the system.
- Improper configured, old, or damaged device drivers.
You may also like: [Solved] SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED error
Tips to Fix a Blue Screen of Death Error
In order to fix BSoD error, you should apply the below-given tips and tricks, all of the discussed methods are effective and able to solve this issue with ease.
Tip 1: Make sure that the system drive has enough free space, because of low system drive space Blue Screens of Death, data corruption, and other serious issues can appear. Remove the junk files from the system drive in order to make some space, you can take the help of a third party tool to clean up system drive.
Note: According to Microsoft, at least 100MB of free space is necessary but it is suggested for Windows users to keep at least 15% of a drive’s space free.
Tip 2: Did you just added any hardware component to your system OR installed a new program, updated any driver, download/install an update, and more? If your answer is Yes, then there is a very good chance that the recently execute modification made caused the BSOD.
Undo the recently executed change and verify again for the STOP Error. Some solutions are given depending on the changes made by you:
Solution 1: By restoring your computer or laptop with the help of System Restore option you can undo any recent system changes.
Solution 2: Boot your system using Last Known Good Configuration, through this you can undo recent registry and system driver modifications.
Solution 3: Rollback device driver to its prior version.
Tip 3: Make sure that your system is virus free: Due to some computer viruses, a Blue Screen of Death error can appear.
It is because some virus directly affects master boot record (MBR) or boot sector of your system that cause BSoD error.
If you have an antivirus program in your computer or laptop then make sure that it is updated, also confirm that it’s able to scan the MBR and boot sector.
Tip 4: Make sure your Windows system is packed with latest service packs and other updates. Necessary patches and service packs are regularly released by Microsoft for their operating systems to fix a bug and other types of issue. These updates and patches are also used to solve BSOD issue.
Tip 5: Make sure that drivers of your hardware are updated: Sometimes an outdated or damaged system driver can generate Blue Screens of Death error. This error is directly related with hardware or driver so updating system drivers could fix the cause of the STOP error.
Tip 6: Check all the internal cables, cards, and other components are properly installed. If the hardware is not decisively installed in their place then it can cause a Blue Screen of Death.
- Reseat all the internal data and power cables
- Reseat the memory modules
- Reseat any expansion cards
Tip 7: Execute diagnostic tests on all hardware, you can take the help of any computer professional. According to a report, the root cause of any Blue Screen of Death error is a failing piece of hardware:
- Check and test system memory or RAM
- Also, verify and test system hard disk drive
Tip 8: Update System BIOS: Sometimes outdated system BIOS could generate a Blue Screen of Death error. This is because of incapability issue. You can solve this situation by simply updating your system BIOS.
Tip 9: Boot your system with necessary hardware: By starting your computer or laptop with minimum hardware can troubleshoot many system issues that including BSOD error. So, boot your computer with the minimum hardware which is necessary to run the operating system. If you are able to start your computer then it is clear that one of the removed hardware devices was the cause of the STOP error message.
Generally, the only necessary hardware for booting your PC includes the motherboard, CPU, RAM, primary hard drive, keyboard, video card, and monitor.
How to find what hardware cause Blue Screen of Death Error?
- Replace the hardware.
- Confirm that hardware’s firmware is updated.
- Confirm that all the added hardware is in the list of Hardware Compatibility.
- Visit the manufacturer’s website for support information.
How to find what software program is the cause of Blue Screen of Death?
- Make sure that all the installed application is updated if not then update them as soon as possible.
- Reinstall the software.
- Visit the developer’s website for support information.
Ram testing by Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool:
The Window memory Diagnostics Tool is the inbuilt memory testing software provided by Microsoft, with the help of this inbuilt app you can test your system memory for any types of error in Windows Vista, Window 7, Windows 8 or 8.1 & Windows 10.
Step 1: First of all open run dialogue box, press Windows + R key simultaneously to open run command. In run window type “Mdsched” and then hit enter.
Step 2: You will see the Window memory Diagnostics Tool window with two options to select:
Step 3: Choose any one that suits your conditions and just after when your windows boots you will able to see your screen like this:
If you want to make your system fast and error free then you should use a professionally designed PC Repair Tool. This application is one of the best and effective ways to maintain your Windows system.
This software contains easy to use interface so that one can easily operate this tool without any need of professional skill. If your computer is displaying any types of error related to registry, DLL, application, Games and more then this error repair tool will help you to fix them.
Simply download and install this tool, it will automatically scan your PC/laptop and fix all the errors. This app also provides the facility to fix driver related issue, it can update and fix any error related to the system’s driver.
So, it is recommended to use this software and enhance the performance of your old computer.
PC Repair Tool features
- Easily fixes system errors: This tool is able to deal with all types of system errors that cause freezing, crashes, slow PC performance and more.
- Removes malware files: Computer viruses and malware can affect the system files, registry entries and more, this app is able to clean all the malicious files from the system.
- Fix Startup Issues: If your system takes more time to boot then it is sure that some unused startup programs attached itself to the startup folder. This issue can be fixed by PC repair Tool.
- Defrag memory: This app also provides the facility to Defrag system memory and enhance its performance. With the help of this software, you can Defrag a large disk partition within a very small time so it saves your precious time.
- Clean PC’s Junk file: It allows the user to delete or remove all the temporary items, junk files and other clutter that affects Windows system performance. It also deletes the private files that hold confidential information.