Windows 10 is packed with lots of security features that allow user to keep their data protected against information theft, PCs from Trojan and malicious infection. But there are lots of ways or security holes through which hackers can inject malicious codes into the PC and make them infected.
You may also like: How to Fix This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection
If you want to avoid any types of damage to your stored data then you should apply some tricks such as regular backing up data, installing good Antivirus software (make sure that it is updated) and more.
10 Sings of an Infected Windows 10 PC
- Unable to boot your system because of an error saying that “one or more system files are missing”.
- System is running very slow or takes more time to load apps, boot and shutdown.
- Windows 10 system crashes with Blue Screen of Death screen. Windows will also reboot automatically without any error message.
- Getting annoying pop-ups, advertisements on your Desktop, web browser regularly
- Unable to open any computer security related webpage, or redirected every time to advertising sites, phishing sites.
- Search engine of Web browser changed automatically, some junk, unwanted toolbars are installed without your permission in your Microsoft Edge browser.
- All the files present in the removable storage such as USB flash drive, external hard drive turns into shortcut folder when you plugged-in to your PC.
- It slowdown the internet speed of your computer system because extreme bandwidth usage radically enhances as some viruses leak your private information and transmit it over Internet.
- Unable to open system tools such as Task Manager, System Restore, System Configuration, Registry Editor, Windows Update, Group Policy Editor and other important diagnostic tools .
- Unable to install any antivirus tool or another system security app.
How to deal with Malicious Infection on Windows 10?
#1: Log-in Windows 10 in Safe Mode
When you boot Windows 10 in safe mode then Windows loads with minimal system drivers that make it difficult to load malevolent files at boot.
Step 1: Press Windows Key + R to open Windows run dialogue box, in the box type “MSCONFIG” and hit ENTER.
Step 2: Click on the Boot tab and check-up “Safe boot” checkbox. Choose “Minimal” option, and then click Apply then OK.
A message will appear to restart your computer. Go ahead, and after it Windows boots in to safe mode.
# 2: Now Delete Malicious Files
After successfully logged into Safe Mode, now you have to clean up temporary folders where the malicious files are generally stored.
Step 1: Double click on This PC icon.
Step 2: Delete all the files, sub folders from the below given locations:
- C:\Windows\Donwloaded Program Files
- C:\Windows\Offline Web Pages
- Open up Run dialog again, type “AppData” and click OK.
#3: Remove all the contents from following location:
You can also use Disk Clean-Up tool in Windows by right clicking system partition, selecting Properties and then choosing “Disk CleanUp” present under General tab.
#4: Delete Malicious Boot Entries
Open RegEdit with the help of Run dialog box, type regedit in the run box and hit Enter. After opening registry Database now delete random, doubtful strings from below sub keys.
# 5: Delete Malevolent Data from Registry
A computer virus or malware generally recreates its copies on numerous locations, this is done with the help of Windows Registry. So by removing them from Windows registry database you can prevent them from recreating copies of malicious data.
Note: It is suggested to avoid editing registry database manually.
If you want to remove unwanted or malicious keys from registry database in windows 10 then you should try Registry Cleaner tool. This professional app is able to make registry database error free by removing duplicate keys, deleting unnecessary keys and more.
To fix different errors such as Windows Installer Errors, Windows Startup Errors, Active X Control problems, Active X Errors, Registry Errors and many others exe errors, you should try an automatic method to get rid of all these errors. Automatic method is suggested because there are various errors that are not fixed with any manual resolution, a professional PC Error Scanner will allow you to deal with all types of issues related to Windows system without doing anything manually. This application is packed with very easy to understand user interface especially for the normal user or those users that don’t have any technical skills. Download and install this application and the rest task will be executed automatically by this. This scans your PC and fixes all the bugs or errors present inside your computer/laptop. You can also fix any types of system driver issues with the help of this software; it provides the facility to debug driver related problems. Now you don’t need to suffer from your sluggish system because its advance technology can turn an old system into a brand new computer. Try it once and improve the performance of your old computer.
Powerful Features of PC Repair Tool
- Back-up Registry – You can take backup of your system registry, it allows user to create registry backup so you can use it in any system crises.
- Built in scheduler – It comes with a built in scheduler that scan your PC automatically after a fix time of interval.
- Deletes empty registry Keys – Through this tool you can make your registry database error free, it can removes all the unwanted registry keys from Windows.
- Checks invalid Class Keys – It can also check invalid class keys from windows system and help to run smoother. It also checks Shell Extension, invalid Help Files, Invalid Shared known DLL’s, invalid Paths and more.
- Manage/Cleanup Startup Programs – It also manage cleanup and startup applications of Windows system that help computer to boot without any delay.
- Scans for Invalid Program shortcuts – This tool also fix all types of invalid application shortcuts.