The ntdsapi.dll file is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file, this file is used in all windows based systems such as Windows 7, Windows XP and Windows Vista. If your system is displaying any error related with this DLL file then you need to fix this as soon as possible. In this blog you will read about the complete information on this issue, apply the given guide in order to fix this issue.
You may also like: How to Fix Error code 0x7E and autorun.dll is Missing
Some basic information about ntdsapi.dll file:
This dll file i.e. ntdsapi.dll is developed by Microsoft Corporation, it is related with the Active Directory Domain Services API. Size of this file is 90112 bytes, version available for this file 6.1.7600.16385. This file is stored at “%SYSTEMROOT%:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\”.
Error messages Related to ntdsapi.dll file
- “The file ntdsapi.dll is missing.”
- “Ntdsapi.dll Access Violation.”
- “Ntdsapi.dll not found.”
- “Cannot start MSDN Disc 0948. A required component is missing: ntdsapi.dll. Please install MSDN Disc 0948 again.”
- “Cannot register ntdsapi.dll.”
- Error loading [path]\AutoRun.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- “Cannot find C:\ Windows\System32\\ntdsapi.dll.”
- “This application failed to start because ntdsapi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
Tricks to Fix Ntdsapi.dll Errors
Note: If you are unable to operate your system in normal mood then boot Windows in Safe Mode to complete any of the following steps.
Trick 1: Restore from Recycle bin: Check system recycle bin for Ntdsapi.dll file, this is very common possible cause of a “missing” Ntdsapi.dll file.
If you think that you’ve unintentionally deleted Ntdsapi.dll file and already emptied the Recycle Bin then you need a professional way to restore Deleted DLL File.
Trick 2: Run a Complete virus/malware scan: it is above discussed that Ntdsapi.dll Errors could be connected to a computer virus or other malware infection on your computer that has corrupted the DLL file. By scanning your entire computer system or laptop with a strong antivirus or antimalware program can make this DLL file free from any types of virus infection.
Trick 3: Do System Restore: If you are getting the Ntdsapi.dll error just after doing any change to an important file or configuration then by restoring System could fix this issue with ease.
Trick 4: Reinstall the related App/Program: If you are seeing Ntdsapi.dll error while using a particular program then immediately reinstalling the specific program. Through this you can replace the file with ease. First uninstall the related app and after it install the app with the help of a fresh copy.
Trick 5: Update the System drivers: Outdated system drivers may also generate this issue, so make sure that drivers for hardware devices are updated or not. If you’re receiving a “The file Ntdsapi.dll is missing” message when you try to play a 3D video game then try updating the drivers for your video card. It is recommended to use professional System Drivers Updater and update or repair any System Drivers.
Trick 6: Run sfc /scannow: This command is to verify the System Files, via this command you can replace a missing or damage copy of the Ntdsapi.dll file (Only if this DLL file is provided by Microsoft).
Trick 7: Make sure Windows is updated: Install any available Windows updates, there are many service packs and other patches released by Microsoft to replace or update DLL files on your computer. It is possible that Ntdsapi.dll file could be included in one of those updates and by downloading those patches this issue should be fixed.
Trick 8: Repair installation of Windows: If you are unable to fix the Ntdsapi.dll file error after applying above tricks then it is recommended to run a startup repair or repair installation. Via these processes you should restore all Windows DLL files.
Trick 9: Use a Professional registry cleaner: In order to fix the Ntdsapi.dll related issues you can try a professional registry repair tool. A free registry cleaner app may be able to deal with this issue by removing invalid Ntdsapi.dll registry entries that might be generating the DLL error.
Trick 10: Run a clean installation of Windows: By installing a fresh Windows will remove everything from the system drive and install a fresh copy of Windows OS. You can try this option to get rid of this error but it is suggested to make a backup of your system first before trying this solution.
Automatically Repair Ntdsapi.dll Errors
If you want to make your system fast and error free then you should use a professionally designed PC Repair Tool. This application is one of the best and efficient ways to maintain your Windows system. This software contains easy to use interface so that one can easily operate this tool without any need of professional skill. If your computer is displaying any types of error related to registry, DLL, application, Games and more then this error repair tool will help you to fix them. Simply download and install this tool, it will automatically scan your PC/laptop and fix all the errors. This app also provides the facility to fix driver related issue, it can update and fix any error related to the system’s driver. So, it is recommended to use this software and enhance the performance of your old computer.
PC Repair Tool features
- Easily fixes system errors: This tool is able to deal with all types of system errors that cause freezing, crashes, slow PC performance and more.
- Removes malware files: Computer viruses and malware can affect the system files, registry entries and more, this app is able to clean all the malicious files from the system.
- Fix Startup Issues: If your system takes more time to boot then it is sure that some unused startup programs attached itself to the startup folder. This issue can be fixed by PC repair Tool.
- Defrag memory: This app also provides the facility to Defrag system memory and enhance its performance. With the help of this software, you can Defrag a large disk partition within a very small time so it saves your precious time.
- Clean PC’s Junk file:It allows user to delete or remove all the temporary items, junk files and other clutter that affects Widows system performance. It also deletes the private files that hold confidential information.