The IMM32.dll file is a DLL (direct link library) shared by many applications and services of windows systems. This file is mainly used by “Microsoft Windows Input Method Manager” (IMM) program, this program controls various input methods on your computer. This DLL file mainly control the input commands entered from your keyboard / mouse, and will turn it into actual features & processes on your computers/laptops. Same as the all DLL file, it is also important for Windows systems, once it gets inaccessible or Windows system gets unable to access this important file then you may face different types of DLL error.
Some Common Imm32.dll Error Messages
- “Imm32.dll not found.”
- “The file imm32.dll is missing.”
- “Imm32.dll Access Violation.”
- “Cannot register imm32.dll.”
- “Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\\imm32.dll.”
- “Cannot start MSDN Disc 1360. A required component is missing: imm32.dll. Please install MSDN Disc 1360 again.”
- “This application failed to start because imm32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- Windows cannot run this program because it is in invalid format. The <drive>:\windows\system\imm32.dll file cannot load at the desired address, and is not relocatable.
- “The procedure entry point ImmGetRegisterWordStyleA could not be located in the dynamic library IMM32.dll.”
Causes of IMM32.dll Errors
This DLL file can get damaged or misplaced due to lots of reasons such as replaced by any third party programs, unintentionally deletion, virus infection and more.
Tricks to Fix IMM32.dllErrors
Note: If you are unable to operate your system in normal mood then boot Windows in Safe Mode to complete any of the following steps.
Trick 1: Restore from Recycle bin: Check system recycle bin for IMM32.dllfile, this is very common possible cause of a “missing” IMM32.dllfile.
If you think that you’ve unintentionally deleted IMM32.dllfile and already emptied the Recycle Bin then you need a professional way to restore Deleted DLL File.
Trick 2: Run a Complete virus/malware scan: it is above discussed that IMM32.dllerrors could be connected to a computer virus or other malware infection on your computer that has corrupted the DLL file. By scanning your entire computer system or laptop with a strong antivirus or antimalware program can make this DLL file free from any types of virus infection.
Trick 3: Do System Restore: If you are getting the IMM32.dllerror just after doing any change to an important file or configuration then by restoring System could fix this issue with ease.
Trick 4: Reinstall the related App/Program: If you are seeing IMM32.dllerror while using a particular program then immediately reinstalling the specific program. Through this you can replace the file with ease. First uninstall the related app and after it install the app with the help of a fresh copy.
Trick 5: Update the System drivers: Outdated system drivers may also generate this issue, so make sure that drivers for hardware devices are updated or not. If you’re receiving a “The file IMM32.dllis missing” message when you try to play a 3D video game then try updating the drivers for your video card. It is recommended to use professional System Drivers Updater and update or repair any System Drivers.
Trick 6: Run sfc /scannow: This command is to verify the System Files, via this command you can replace a missing or damage copy of the IMM32.dllfile (Only if this DLL file is provided by Microsoft).
Trick 7: Make sure Windows is updated: Install any available Windows updates, there are many service packs and other patches released by Microsoft to replace or update DLL files on your computer. It is possible that IMM32.dllfile could be included in one of those updates and by downloading those patches this issue should be fixed.
Trick 8: Repair installation of Windows: If you are unable to fix the IMM32.dllfile error after applying above tricks then it is recommended to run a startup repair or repair installation. Via these processes you should restore all Windows DLL files.
Trick 9: Use a Professional registry cleaner: In order to fix the IMM32.dllrelated issues you can try a professional registry repair tool. A free registry cleaner app may be able to deal with this issue by removing invalid IMM32.dllregistry entries that might be generating the DLL error.
Trick 10: Run a clean installation of Windows: By installing a fresh Windows will remove everything from the system drive and install a fresh copy of Windows OS. You can try this option to get rid of this error but it is suggested to make a backup of your system first before trying this solution.
Automatic Method to Fix DLL Errors
To fix different errors such as Windows Installer Errors, Windows Startup Errors, Active X Control problems, Active X Errors, Registry Errors and many others exe errors, you should try an automatic method to get rid of all these errors. Automatic method is suggested because there are various errors that are not fixed with any manual resolution, a professional PC Error Scanner will allow you to deal with all types of issues related to Windows system without doing anything manually. This application is packed with very easy to understand user interface especially for the normal user or those users that don’t have any technical skills. Download and install this application and the rest task will be executed automatically by this. This scans your PC and fixes all the bugs or errors present inside your computer/laptop. You can also fix any types of system driver issues with the help of this software; it provides the facility to debug driver related problems. Now you don’t need to suffer from your sluggish system because its advance technology can turn an old system into a brand new computer. Try it once and improve the performance of your old computer.
Powerful Features of PC Repair Tool
- Back-up Registry – You can take backup of your system registry, it allows user to create registry backup so you can use it in any system crises.
- Built in scheduler – It comes with a built in scheduler that scan your PC automatically after a fix time of interval.
- Deletes empty registry Keys – Through this tool you can make your registry database error free, it can removes all the unwanted registry keys from Windows.
- Checks invalid Class Keys – It can also check invalid class keys from windows system and help to run smoother. It also checks Shell Extension, invalid Help Files, Invalid Shared known DLL’s, invalid Paths and more.
- Manage/Cleanup Startup Programs – It also manage cleanup and startup applications of Windows system that help computer to boot without any delay.
- Scans for Invalid Program shortcuts – This tool also fix all types of invalid application shortcuts.