Are you unable to update your Windows 10 system and getting update error code 0x80246010? If your answer is YES and wants to fix this error then you are at the right place.
In this blog, you will learn all about the Windows 10 update error code 0x80246010.
The Error Code 0x80246010 may appear when the user tries to download the available update on their Windows 10 system. And once this error appears then it prevents the user from installing the available Windows updates for both PC/Laptop and apps.
This update error is very common and reported by many of the Windows 10 users. Windows 10 update error Code 0x80246010 generally appears when the user tries to install the KB4038782 Update for Windows 10 Operating System, but there are many other updates are available which are triggering this error code.
It is still unclear that, Microsoft’s engineers are aware of this problem or not, but this error code is discussed in the Microsoft’s forum at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update-winpc/windows-update-error-0x80246010/6b64e73a-4c4f-4b4f-bdff-9817674b5103?auth=1
Before applying any solution to fix this error 0x80246010 code, first, you need to know the causes of this error. This error code is generally triggered by several causes, some of the common reasons are:
- Missing/corrupt DLL files
- Corrupted or damaged registry keys
- Incomplete updates
- Computer malware
- And other similar problems
In order to deal with all the above-given scenarios, you should go with the Professional PC Error Repair Tool.
This software is specially designed for the normal users so that it is recommended to download, install and run a scan with a powerful optimization utility.
After scanning, you need to install the available update again.
If you want to apply the manual solution to overcome this Windows 10 update issue then there are several other solutions available.
First, it is recommended that install the available update manually from the Windows Update Catalog.
Solution 1: Restart Windows Update service
- Open run dialogue box by pressing Windows key + R.
- In the run box, you need to enter msc and hit Enter key.
- Search for the Windows Update service by scrolling down.
- After finding, right-click on it and choose Start, as shown in the below image.
Solution 2: Fix the Registry keys
Note: Repairing registry keys manually is little difficult and not safe for your PC/Laptop, so it is recommended to go with automatic registry repair tool as it will fix all corrupted registry entries and system files without the need of doing anything manually.
- Press the Windows key and then type Advanced Startup Options.
- Choose the Change Advanced Startup Options and open the Recovery tab.
- After it, click on the Restart now button present under the Advanced Startup section to restart your PC in advanced startup mode.
- Choose the Troubleshoot button and click on the Advanced Options.
- After it, click on the Automatic Repair.
- This will restart your system, choose the administrative account.
- After the completion of the repairing process, check if the required update can successfully be installed.
Solution 3: Rename Software Distribution Folder
- Open the run dialogue box by pressing Windows key + R.
- In the run box, type msc and hit Enter key to open the service Window.
- Now, you need to search the Windows Update service and right-click on the Windows Update service and choose
- Go to the Local Drive (C:)-> Windows and find the SoftwareDistribution
- Now, you need to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder. To do this right-click on it and choose Rename option from the cascading menu.
- Replace the name with SoftwareDistributionOld.
- You need to repeat the steps from 1 to 4, but instead of clicking on the Stop you need to choose
- At last, restart your PC and make sure that the problem is fixed or not.
All the above given 3 fixes are completely tested, so you don’t need to worry about the effectiveness of the solution.
But, it is recommended that instead of applying Solution 2 manually go with the given registry repair tool, as it is a little tricky and not safe to modify the registry database manually.
After fixing this Windows 10 update error it is recommended to scan your PC with a professional PC Error Repair Tool. This software will deal with all kinds of PC related issues which you can’t solve manually.