Once your system gets infected with the virus then it will no longer remain the same. In this situation even you make use of the anti-virus software you will be left with many side effects on your system. These symptoms vary but it will not work in the way it used to do. As a result your program may get crash frequently your registry entries will mess and even your wallpaper will start to mysteriously missing.
The questions know arises why this is happening when the virus is removed from the system. This havoc does not go away with the virus as the damage caused to the system does not simply get erased along with the malware that caused it.
By the technical means the computer might no longer is infected but this does not mean that it is error free.
Anti-virus programs can only “heal” or delete infected files only but it cannot deal with the virus that infects the system files. Normally this might delete the infected files, remove its adverse effects from the operating system or might delete infected system files. But this can result the system to become unstable. You just simply need to remove the virus that actually harms your system.
These viruses or a Trojan may delete some of your critical system elements, thus disabling the OS, overload the network and negatively effect on the system’s operability. It even may cause fatal problems and are often caused by the bug in the virus code or principle of operation and even affect the registry badly. Thus it affects the normal working of your system and it starts to show various errors.
How can users use Windows Registry?
Although the registry is used by operating system for running the programs smoothly, users may access the registry and make changes to it. You can even access and configure the registry by following:
- Firstly you need to open Registry Editor which comes with Windows operating system.
- To open if you need to write “regedit” command in the command prompt so that you can access registry editor.
- Then you need to open the editor from Run box in Start menu.
As the registry is the most important program which solely runs your system the creators of malicious software target the registry to weak the working of your system by following means:
- Virus and other malicious programs are designed for harming the values stored in the registry.
- It even results into slow down system, corrupt software and fatal blue screen.
- Almost every virus attack involves damage of registry
Viruses are known for actively seeking and exploiting certain registry values. PC Repair Tool helps you to replace the registry hives and/or individual registry keys that get corrupted due to virus infection. In case of severe virus damage this tools looks into your Windows Restore for back up and if it is not available then it downloads and replaces the corrupted registry keys and cleans the registry keys from the windows repository.
How to protect the registry from virus attacks?
After the attack of the virus and running antivirus program it does not help if the virus has attacked the registry. Here are some of the few steps for protecting your registry from virus attack.
- If you are experiencing and slow down of computer due to virus attack on the registry then there is special software PC Repair Tool that can help to make the registry efficient by removing scraps of information no more needed.
- There are programs that can scan and clean certain sections after creating the backup and creating restore point. It even guides you with the step by step to clean the registry.
- To avoid future attacks you must install reliable antivirus software on your system.