How to Uninstall Virtial Box DLL Errors Windows 8, 8.1, 7, XP, Vista [solved]
Are you getting VBoxC.dll error on your Windows 8, 8.1, 7, XP or any other Windows PC? If yes then apply the given solutions and uninstall this DLL error from your computer as soon as possible. This DLL file is linked with the Oracle VM VirtualBox developed by Oracle Corporation for the Windows Operating System. Here the complete solution is given to uninstall Virtial Box DLL error.
DLL or dynamic link library files are actually the supported files which are shared by the more than one windows application, so that when a single DLL file gets damaged then all the related software start showing dll error message.
Why DLL errors occur?
Above discussed that DLL files are sharable files which exist outside of the application. When Windows gets unable to load VBoxC.dll file then you will come across an error message. This dll error can occurs while executing VBoxC.dll related software program, during Windows boot or shutdown, or sometime it also appears while installing Windows operating system. For troubleshooting it is necessary to know the track of when and where VBoxC.dll error occurs.
Some common seen DLL errors are :
- “The file dll is missing.”
- “Cannot start Oracle VM VirtualBox. A required component is missing:dll. Please install Oracle VM VirtualBox again.”
- “dll Access Violation.”
- “Cannot registerdll.”
- “This application failed to start becausedll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “dll not found.”
- “Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\\dll.”
Steps to fix dll errors
1. Register VBoxC.dll through Microsoft Register Server
Sometime this error may appear because of unregistered or improper DLL file registration, and so that a “VBoxC.dll not registered” error appears. Don’t worry because you can use a built-in utility known as “Microsoft Register Server” (regsvr32.exe) to register your VBoxC.dll file again on the Microsoft Register Server.
- Click on the Start button and type “command” in the search box
- Command window will appear.
- Type the following command: regsvr32 /udll. Press ENTER. It will UN-REGISTER your file.
- Again type the following command: regsvr32 /idll. Press ENTER key to REGISTER your file again.
- After it exit from the command prompt window.
2. Remove or Restore VBoxC.dll from the Windows Recycle Bin
If VBoxC.dll file gets deleted unintentionally then you can restore it from the recycle bin, apply the below given steps to move Deleted DLL file from recycle bin to given path:
For Windows 95/98/Me = C:\Windows\System32\
For Windows NT/2000 = C:\Windows\System32\
For Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 = C:\Windows\System32\
For 64-bit Windows = C:\Windows\System32\
After restoring your VBoxC.dll file restart your computer.
3. Use System Restore (Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8):
Use Windows System Restore to restore you system setting, this will help your compute to fix your VBoxC.dll problems.
Apply the below given steps to do system restore
- Click on the Start button.
- Type “System Restore” and press ENTER in the search box.
- From the results click on the System Restore.
- If PC asks for administrator passwords then enter.
- A wizard will appear, follow the steps to select a restore point.
- Restore your Windows PC.
4. Install All Available Windows Updates
Updating of Windows OS may repair this DLL error, official patches of Windows can replace or update all Microsoft distributed DLL files.
Check your PC for Windows Updates (Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8):
- Click on the Start button.
- Type “update” into the search box and press ENTER.
- You will see a Windows Update dialog box, click the Install Updates button (if update is available).
5. Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scannow”)
System File Checker is actually an inbuilt tool of Windows that allows scanning for file corruption and restoring Windows system files such as VBoxC.dll.
You should execute the sfc /scannow command to restore any lost or wrong operating system related DLL files.
Apply the below given steps to run System File Checker (Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8):
- Click on the Start button and type “command” in the search box.
- Command windows will appear, type “sfc /scannow” and press ENTER.
- This inbuilt tool will start scanning fordll and other system file problems
Case1: If System File Checker tool finds a problem with VBoxC.dll or other system file then it will automatically try to replace the problematic files from DLL Cache (%WinDir%\System32\Dllcache\).
Case2: If this tool doesn’t found the VBoxC.dll file in the DLL Cache, or the DLL Cache is damaged then it will prompted to insert the Windows installation disc to restore the original files.
Automatic way to uninstall VBoxC.dll Error
In this way you need a third party DLL Repair tool, this application will allows you to repair VBoxC.dll Error without need of doing anything manually. It means you don’t need any professional knowledge or typing any command to repair DLL error. Simply install this software and run it on your PC, it will automatically find all the errors and fix it immediately. So it is the best suited way to get rid of DLL error, apply then and make your computer error free.