Microsoft launched several updates to make Windows 10 Operating System more advance and optimized. But, updating Windows 10 or downloading any available update on Windows 10 system is a problematic task.
While updating Windows 10 Computer or Laptop you may face several types of system errors.
In this blog, we will discuss about the Microsoft KB4020102 update and their related errors. There are several users that attempted to install it manually and the whole process stuck with an Error Code 0x80246017.
There are many other Windows 10 users facing the same error code while installing the above-mentioned update automatically.
In the case of an automatic update, when the user checks Windows Update history then system display that the KB4020102 update downloaded, but didn’t install properly and the error appears.
Updating to the KB4020102 update, many Windows 10 users have faced an error 0x80246017. Once this error will appear then it will prevent all the updating process to Windows 10.
If you are suffering from this situation and Want to update your Windows 10 system to the KB4020102 update then don’t worry as you can easily deal with this problem by yourself.
Some of the below-given fixes are related to the registry database, so in order to avoid any unwanted modifications on Windows Registry and system’s malfunctions, you should create a backup of your registry database. In order to create Windows Registry backup, perform below given simple steps:
- First of all, you have to open the Run Windows by pressing Windows key + R. After opening the run box, you have to type the “regedit,” and hit the Enter key.
- If any UAC window will appear then click “Yes”.
- Registry window will appear, click on the Registry Keys to create their backup, choose “File” and “Export.”
- You will see the Export Registry File dialog box, here you have to choose the location to which the backup should be saved.
- Now, enter any name for the backup and click on the “Save.”
Now, coming to the main topic i.e. how to get rid of Windows 10 Error Code 0x80246017 and install the KB4020102 update on Windows 10 PC/Laptop. Follow the below-given fixes one by one and check for the issue after applying each one.
Method 1: Completely Erase Previous Windows Installation Files
In order to get rid of 0x80246017 error that you are facing while the upgrade process then, apply the below-given steps:
- Open the command prompt with the admin privilege, to do this right-click on the “Windows key” and choose the “Command Prompt (Admin).”
- In the command window, type exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN and hit the “Enter” key.
- Now, exit from the command prompt by typing the exit command
- After it, open the Search option and search for the disk cleanup and select the Disk Cleanup tool from the search result.
- With the help of this tool, you have to erase “Temporary files” and “Previous Windows Installations.”
- After doing this, restart your system.
Method 2: Reset Several Important Registry Keys
- Again you have to open the registry window, open the run dialogue box (press Windows + R) and enter the “regedit,” then hit the “Enter” button.
- Now, after opening the registry editor Window you should navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability
- Find the BranchName key on it and make sure if it appears the FBL_AWESOME1501 If it does not display it, modify it.
- After it, you have to search the TresholdRiskLevel key and modify its value to low.
- Again, find the TresholdInternal and TresholdOptedIn Delete both of them.
- At last, you have to close the Registry Editor Windows and restart your PC/Laptop.
Method 3: Delete Windows.old Folder in Windows 10
Open the run box by pressing the Windows + R keys, then enter cleanmgr in the box and hit the Enter key.
Now, you have to right-click on the clean manager and choose the “Run as administrator“.
This process will take few minutes to calculate the disk space wait until it’s over.
Now, navigate to the last of the options list by scrolling down and search for the Previous Windows installation(s) option. Here, you have to tick-mark the Previous Windows installation(s) option and click on the OK button.
If you want to delete Windows.old folder then you have to face NTFS access rights issues, that’s why deleting the previous version of Windows via inbuilt Disk Cleanup application is recommended because it can easily solve the NTFS access right issue.
At last, reboot your PC or Laptop and try to update again.
If you have updated your system successfully then now you should deal with all others errors present inside your Windows system.
To do this you need a professional PC Error Repair Tool. This is the tool that designed to deal with all the hidden errors present in your Windows computers. If you want to optimize computer or laptop and make it error free then you should try this tool once.
Simply download, install and scan your computer with this tool. This will scan your computer deeply and display the scanned result, now click on the ‘Fix’ button to get rid of all the scanned issues.