The latest operating system launched by Microsoft is Windows 8 which is known for its Modern UEFI interface, snap multitasking, windows defender with antivirus program and instant start shutdown process. Simplified computing and ease of use is offered by Windows 8. Most of the people preferred to switch Windows 8 from windows 7 and some of them are planning also. But you may come across some issue which must be resolved soon. Windows 8 shut down problem is faced by several users who has installed Windows 8 preview on their computer. While shutting down windows 8 computer, you will able to see that display goes off but power is still is on and computer is consuming energy also. If you are working with laptop then you may see that very soon your battery drains out. It takes a lot of time at the time of shutdown. Sometimes even system hangs when you are shut downing down Window 8.
“Hybrid sleep” is a new feature introduced in windows 8. Hibernate and sleep feature of windows operating system is known to almost all of you which is designed for reducing the computer power consumption during idle period. The combination of Sleep and Hibernate is “Hybrid Sleep” that helps in saving a copy of your opened docs and able to Set on both RAM and your hard drive and switching to minimum consumption of power in order to launch all programs quickly at the time when user is starting their work. When power failure occurs, it will prevent users from losing their important work and launches the entire program running application from computer hard drive. In windows 8, it is enabled by default.
But sometimes, Hybrid Sleep results in causing problems. Hybrid shutdown features results in decreasing the total startup time by hibernating the kernel session instead of closing it completely. Hybrid sleep is developed for reducing the windows booting and shutdown time. It is more tedious to continue work from hibernated state for computer to full system initialization process when compared.
You need to follow below mentioned procedure to fix Windows 8 shutdown problem:
Steps to follow:
- When you are on the Start screen, move your cursor to top right corner of screen for triggering charms Bar. Now, click on the ‘Search’ option.
- In the search box, type ‘Power’ then press the enter key in order to search. On doing this, your computer will search for the text automatically and results will be shown.
- You will get a new window, click on the ‘Settings’ option on the right pane of results obtained. Now, click on ‘Change what the power buttons do’ link which is generated in the search results.
- A ‘Power’ option available in Windows 8 is shown then you need to select “Choose what the Power buttons do” which is available on the left pane of window.
- Through Run dialog box, you are able to do changes in Power option of computer. Now, type powercfg.cpl in the text box of Run dialog box and select “Choose what the Power buttons do”.
- You will get a new window in your screen. Scroll down the screen and from the list disable “Turn on the Fast startup (recommended)” option.
- Uncheck the “Turn on the Fast startup (recommended)” option then you need to select “Save Changes” button. When option is not active then scroll up and select “Change Settings that are currently unavailable” link.
- Now, in order to take effect of the changes which you have made you require restarting your computer for fixing Windows 8 shutdown problem.
If you are unable to fix Window 8 problems then you need to make use of PC Repair Tool which is able to fix Window 8 shutdown problems effectively. This tool provides the most efficient solution to repair all PC related problems easily. It can resolve several types of system error, restore settings, cleans Windows registry and the most important acts as a guard for maintain and allowing PC to run with maximum speed. It can be run in both ways either manually or automatically and thus you are free from not getting any error messages again. Just go for this reliable tool and solve your Window 8 shutdown problems easily. This powerful tool is simple to use and has user friendly interface. It provides 97 percent efficient results.