How to Fix This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection
In our earlier blog we discussed about how to deal with ‘Open With’ Menu Missing In Windows 10, but now Windows 10 users are suffering from another situation in which a Error Pops up whenever they try to install a new Program or apps on their Windows 10 Computer/laptop. This issue still appears when try to run the.exe file as Administrator.
You may get User Account Control error Message like “This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection” and some more information “An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator“.
Methods to Get rid of “this app has been blocked for your protection” Error
You may get “this app has been blocked for your protection” error in Windows 10 because of the hidden built-in Administrator account. This hidden account block the .exe file to execute.
Method 1: Enable the hidden administrator account
Step 1: open the Command Prompt with administrator privilege.
Step 2: In the command prompt, type “net user administrator /active:yes” and hit enter key. A successful message will appear.
Step 3: After it Sign Out, then find the “Administrator” account present on the bottom left.
Step 4: After it click on the sign in on Administrator account, it will takes time to setting up apps.
Step 5: After it, find your Software or .exe that you want to install.
Step 6: You will see that the error is gone and after installing your software, now sign out from Administrator account and sign-in again to your Original Account.
Step 7: That’s it, find out the software or app that was installed on “hidden Administrator” account.
Step 8: After it, Disable Hidden Administrator Account. Open Command prompt (Admin) and type below command,
net user administrator /active:no
If you are unable to fix this issue after applying the above given method then go to the method 2.
Method 2: Try to Disable Smart Screen from Command prompt
If you don’t want to Enable Administrator User account or unable to apply Method 1 then Follow this Method
- Open Control Panel.
- Search for “Smartscreen“
- Click “Change Smartscreen Settings” present Under Security & Maintenance.
- Click on the Security for see Drop Down Options.
- Click on the “Change Settings” for Windows Smartscreen.
- After it, Select Don’t do anything(Turn off Windows Smartscreen) and Click OK
After it, try to install you app, you will see that error is gone and your app is installed without any issue.
FIX OTHER PC/LAPTOP’S ERRORS
To fix different errors such as Windows Installer Errors, Windows Startup Errors, Active X Control problems, Active X Errors, Registry Errors and many others exe errors, you should try an automatic method to get rid of all these errors. Automatic method is suggested because there are various errors that are not fixed with any manual resolution, a professional PC Error Scanner will allow you to deal with all types of issues related to Windows system without doing anything manually. This application is packed with very easy to understand user interface especially for the normal user or those users that don’t have any technical skills. Download and install this application and the rest task will be executed automatically by this. This scans your PC and fixes all the bugs or errors present inside your computer/laptop. You can also fix any types of system driver issues with the help of this software; it provides the facility to debug driver related problems. Now you don’t need to suffer from your sluggish system because its advance technology can turn an old system into a brand new computer. Try it once and improve the performance of your old computer.
Powerful Features of PC Repair Tool
- Back-up Registry – You can take backup of your system registry, it allows user to create registry backup so you can use it in any system crises.
- Built in scheduler – It comes with a built in scheduler that scan your PC automatically after a fix time of interval.
- Deletes empty registry Keys – Through this tool you can make your registry database error free, it can removes all the unwanted registry keys from Windows.
- Checks invalid Class Keys – It can also check invalid class keys from windows system and help to run smoother. It also checks Shell Extension, invalid Help Files, Invalid Shared known DLL’s, invalid Paths and more.
- Manage/Cleanup Startup Programs – It also manage cleanup and startup applications of Windows system that help computer to boot without any delay.
- Scans for Invalid Program shortcuts – This tool also fix all types of invalid application shortcuts.