Bass.dll file is a DLL file of the system. It is responsible for audio and sound settings of the computer. This system file is not an important file but when it is not accessible by the computer, it will show error on the computer screen. Bass.dll error would lead to sound problem, that is one would not be able to hear any sound on the system. If the computer is facing this problem, one can try the given steps to resolve the problem.
Why the error Bass.dll is caused?
Bass.dll error can be caused by any one of the following reasons:
- Registry settings of the computer may have changed.
- Registry has been blocked, and is unable to work properly.
- dll file has been damaged due to the attack of malware.
- dll file has been erased from the system.
This .dll file is generally affected by any Malware attack. Once your computer is infected by malware then it affect the entire computer. The malware may remove or damage the Bass.dll file. We should be cautious while surfing internet, one should always have an updated antivirus installed in their computer. To fix this problem follow the given steps.
How to fix Bass.dll error?
Sometimes Bass.dll file gets deleted due to an error by user or by malicious software. In this case one can make new copy of Bass.dll and fix the error by saving it on the computer. One should follow the following steps:
- Download Bass.dll fine from the Internet.
- The downloaded file should be placed to C:\Windows\System 32.
- Select Run from the start menu of the computer.
- In the Run dialog box, type “cmd” and click Ok.
- A black screen would be displayed, and then type “REGSVR32Bass.dll” and press enter.
If the error of Bass.dll file still exists then it can be resolved by installing the Windows updates, this would recover the lost files. To update the Windows one has to follow the following steps.
- Go to start, then All Programs and select Windows update.
- Select the “Check for Updates” to check if there are any appropriate updates available for the computer.
- Then select Install updates.
- Follow the instruction for the installation.
- Now restart the computer.
If the issue of Bass.dll file error still exists then it can be resolved by using the third Party software. The PC Repair Tool is the software that can repair the computer. It can resolve the system error, restore settings, cleans the windows registry and it acts as a guard to tune, run and maintain the PC.