How to Clean Windows 8 or 8.1 Computer Hard Drive
If there will be too many dispensable files, junk files or dump files on the PC, then the performance of the PC will be badly influenced. So cleaning of hard drive is important and should be done frequently. The thing that is to be concerned is about how to clean the software without any paid tool or software. And below the procedure will be mentioned of how to achieve the desired aim using built-in Disk Defragmenter or Disk Cleanup on Windows8/8.1.
Methods to clean a Windows 8 or 8.1 computer hard drive:
Method 1: apply disk clean-up to clean the hard drive
Step 1: Open Disk Clean-up
For opening follow the steps below
- Press Windows Key+Pause Break to open the system window, as shown below.
- Select Performance Information and Tools, in the system window.
- In the left menu of the Performance Information and Tools interface, select Open disk cleanup.
Step 2: Select a hard drive you want to clean-up
Step 4: Select the files that you want to be deleted.
- As the following Window appears, check the boxes before removing the files from your PC, and click OK.
Method 2: use Disk Defragmenter to clean a hard drive.
Step 1: Open Disk Defragmenter
Follow the procedure below
- Open Performance Information tool by the method mentioned above.
- On the left side select Advanced Tool.
- On the window of Advanced Tool scroll down your cursor and find the option for Open Disk Defragmenter, then click on it.
Step 2: Change the setting of Hard Drive
- After the emergence of Optimize Drive interface, choose a Hard Drive from the list and click Change Settings on the lower right.
Step 3: Adjust frequency for optimizing the drive
- When the window will appear click tap the down arrow to choose optimizing frequency from daily, weekly or monthly and then click OK.
Using this method hard drives will be optimized by the Disk Defragmenter regularly.
Hence without using any paid software or tool cleaning of windows 8 or 8.1 can be done easily.
If you aren’t getting rid of your problems using methods shown above, then you must opt for a third party tool that can effectively clear all the issues of your system on your behalf and one such tool is PC Repair Tool, just follow the steps below and solve all the PC related errors.