FirewallAPI.dll is very significant DLL file which is accountable for component Windows Firewall API in Windows systems like Windows 7,8,10 Professional Edition 64-bit. This file was created on 7/13/2009 and the size is 462848 bytes and its version is 6.1.7600.16385.
FirewallAPI.dll can get infected by a malicious computer virus Worm: Win32/Cerohar.A which can enters into your computer through social network Myspace.
Once this virus inserted into any computer or laptop then it reset the file path of FirewallAPI.dll:
And all the installed software like PC game Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Web browser Opera 11.10 or antivirus VIPRE Internet Security 2012 gets unable to run, display an error message:
FirewallAPI.dll is missing or was not found.
When you reboot your computer, you would get FirewallAPI.dll blue screen of death (BSOD), along with stop error code:
Some Related FirewallAPI.dll Error Messages
- “FirewallAPI.dll not found.”
- “The file FirewallAPI.dll is missing.”
- “FirewallAPI.dll Access Violation.”
- “Cannot register FirewallAPI.dll.”
- “Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\\FirewallAPI.dll.”
- “Cannot start MSDN Disc 4616.01. A required component is missing: FirewallAPI.dll. Please install MSDN Disc 4616.01 again.”
- “This application failed to start because FirewallAPI.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
Methods to Fix FirewallAPI.dll on Startup in Windows 10
Note: If you are unable to operate your system in normal mood then boot Windows in Safe Mode to complete any of the following steps.
Trick 1: Restore from Recycle bin: Check system recycle bin for FirewallAPI.dll file, this is very common possible cause of a “missing” FirewallAPI.dll file.
If you think that you’ve unintentionally deleted FirewallAPI.dll file and already emptied the Recycle Bin then you need a professional way to restore Deleted DLL File.
Trick 2: Run a Complete virus/malware scan: it is above discussed that FirewallAPI.dlls could be connected to a computer virus or other malware infection on your computer that has corrupted the DLL file. By scanning your entire computer system or laptop with a strong antivirus or antimalware program can make this DLL file free from any types of virus infection.
Trick 3: Do System Restore: If you are getting the FirewallAPI.dll just after doing any change to an important file or configuration then by restoring System could fix this issue with ease.
Trick 4: Reinstall the related App/Program: If you are seeing FirewallAPI.dll while using a particular program then immediately reinstalling the specific program. Through this you can replace the file with ease. First uninstall the related app and after it install the app with the help of a fresh copy.
Trick 5: Update the System drivers: Outdated system drivers may also generate this issue, so make sure that drivers for hardware devices are updated or not. If you’re receiving a “The file FirewallAPI.dll is missing” message when you try to play a 3D video game then try updating the drivers for your video card. It is recommended to use professional System Drivers Updater and update or repair any System Drivers.
Trick 6: Run sfc /scannow: This command is to verify the System Files, via this command you can replace a missing or damage copy of the FirewallAPI.dll file (Only if this DLL file is provided by Microsoft).
Trick 7: Make sure Windows is updated: Install any available Windows updates, there are many service packs and other patches released by Microsoft to replace or update DLL files on your computer. It is possible that FirewallAPI.dll file could be included in one of those updates and by downloading those patches this issue should be fixed.
Trick 8: Repair installation of Windows: If you are unable to fix the FirewallAPI.dll file error after applying above tricks then it is recommended to run a startup repair or repair installation. Via these processes you should restore all Windows DLL files.
Trick 9: Use a Professional registry cleaner: In order to fix the FirewallAPI.dll related issues you can try a professional registry repair tool. A free registry cleaner app may be able to deal with this issue by removing invalid FirewallAPI.dll registry entries that might be generating the DLL error.
Trick 10: Run a clean installation of Windows: By installing a fresh Windows will remove everything from the system drive and install a fresh copy of Windows OS. You can try this option to get rid of this error but it is suggested to make a backup of your system first before trying this solution.
Tool to Fix FirewallAPI.dll is Missing / Not Found Error Messages
If you want to make your system fast and error free then you should use a professionally designed PC Repair Tool. This application is one of the best and efficient ways to maintain your Windows system. This software contains easy to use interface so that one can easily operate this tool without any need of professional skill. If your computer is displaying any types of error related to registry, DLL, application, Games and more then this error repair tool will help you to fix them. Simply download and install this tool, it will automatically scan your PC/laptop and fix all the errors. This app also provides the facility to fix driver related issue, it can update and fix any error related to the system’s driver. So, it is recommended to use this software and enhance the performance of your old computer.
PC Repair Tool features
- Easily fixes system errors: This tool is able to deal with all types of system errors that cause freezing, crashes, slow PC performance and more.
- Removes malware files: Computer viruses and malware can affect the system files, registry entries and more, this app is able to clean all the malicious files from the system.
- Fix Startup Issues: If your system takes more time to boot then it is sure that some unused startup programs attached itself to the startup folder. This issue can be fixed by PC repair Tool.
- Defrag memory: This app also provides the facility to Defrag system memory and enhance its performance. With the help of this software, you can Defrag a large disk partition within a very small time so it saves your precious time.
- Clean PC’s Junk file:It allows user to delete or remove all the temporary items, junk files and other clutter that affects Widows system performance. It also deletes the private files that hold confidential information.