BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error is a kind of windows blue screen of death error, this error is start appearing just after updating your Windows system to windows 10. Not only Windows 10 users are suffering from this error but the previous windows versions windows 8.1 & 8 users also faced this error.
So, this type of error can appear in any version of windows system, this error may appear with the error codes STOP 0x00000074 (0x00000003, 0x00000002, 0x80087000). Hence it is proved that BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO can be a dangerous problem.
Symptoms of BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO Error:
- Blue screen error may appear with the message BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO with some codes like STOP 0x00000074.
- “The BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO bug check has a value of 0x00000074. This bug check indicates that there is an error in the registry.” is displayed.
- Sometime this error may also come with a pop up box containing the error code and crash your PC/laptop. (This type of error occurs mostly in old versions like Windows 7, Vista or XP)
- “STOP Error 0x74: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO” is displayed.
- An error message appears with a message like “A problem has been detected and windows have been shut down to prevent damage”.
- Performance of the computer system becomes very sluggish and it takes more time to respond.
Tips to Fix a Blue Screen of Death Error
In order to fix BSoD error you should apply the below-given tips and tricks, all of the discussed methods are effective and able to solve this issue with ease.
Tip 1: Make sure that the system drive has enough free space, because of low system drive space Blue Screens of Death, data corruption, and other serious issues can appear. Remove the junk files from the system drive in order to make some space, you can take the help of a third party tool to cleanup system drive.
Note: According to Microsoft, at least 100MB of free space is necessary but it is suggested for Windows users to keep at least 15% of a drive’s space free.
Tip 2: Did you just added any hardware component to your system OR installed a new program, updated any driver, download/install an update, and more? If your answer is Yes, then there is a very good chance that the recently execute modification made caused the BSOD.
Undo the recently executed change and verify again for the STOP Error. Some solutions are given depending on the changes made by you:
Solution 1: By restoring your computer or laptop with the help of System Restore option you can undo any recent system changes.
Solution 2: Boot your system using Last Known Good Configuration, through this you can undo recent registry and system driver modifications.
Solution 3: Rollback device driver to its prior version.
Tip 3: Make sure that your system is virus free: Due to some computer viruses, a Blue Screen of Death error can appear. It is because some virus directly affects master boot record (MBR) or boot sector of your system that cause BSoD error.
If you have an antivirus program in your computer or laptop then make sure that it is updated, also confirm that it’s able to scan the MBR and boot sector.
Tip 4: Make sure your Windows system is packed with latest service packs and other updates. Necessary patches and service packs are regularly released by Microsoft for their operating systems to fix bug and another type of issue. These updates and patches are also useful to solve BSOD issue.
Tip 5: Make sure that drivers of your hardware are updated: Sometimes outdated or damaged system driver can generate Blue Screens of Death error. This error is directly related with hardware or driver so updating system drivers could fix the cause of the STOP error.
Tip 6: Check all the internal cables, cards, and other components are properly installed. If the hardware is not decisively installed in their place then it can cause a Blue Screen of Death.
- Reseat all the internal data and power cables
- Reseat the memory modules
- Reseat any expansion cards
Tip 7: Execute diagnostic tests on all hardware, you can take the help of any computer professional. According to a report, the root cause of any Blue Screen of Death error is a failing piece of hardware:
- Check and test system memory or RAM
- Also verify and test system hard disk drive
Tip 8: Update System BIOS: Sometimes outdated system BIOS could generate a Blue Screen of Death error. This is because of incapability issue. You can solve this situation by simply updating your system BIOS.
Tip 9: Boot your system with necessary hardware: By starting your computer or laptop with minimum hardware can troubleshoot many system issues that including BSOD error. So, boot your computer with the minimum hardware which is necessary to run the operating system. If you are able to start your computer then it is clear that one of the removed hardware devices was the cause of the STOP error message.
Generally, the only necessary hardware for booting your PC includes the motherboard, CPU, RAM, primary hard drive, keyboard, video card, and monitor.
How to find what hardware is the cause of Blue Screen of Death?
- Replace the hardware.
- Confirm that hardware’s firmware is updated.
- Confirm that all the added hardware is in the list of Hardware Compatibility.
- Visit the manufacturer’s website for support information.
How to find what software program is the cause of Blue Screen of Death?
- Make sure that all the installed application is updated if not then update them as soon as possible.
- Reinstall the software.
- Visit the developer’s website for support information.
Ram testing by Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool:
The Window memory Diagnostics Tool is the inbuilt memory testing software provided by Microsoft, with the help of this inbuilt app you can test your system memory for any types of error in Windows Vista, Window 7, Windows 8 or 8.1 & Windows 10.
Step 1: First of all open run dialogue box, press Windows + R key simultaneously to open run command. In run window type “Mdsched” and then hit enter.
Step 2: You will see the Window memory Diagnostics Tool window with two options to select:
Step 3: Choose any one that suits your conditions and just after when your windows boots you will able to see your screen like this: