Get rid of RunDLL Errors in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
This error is one of the annoying issues that generally interrupt the system startup by prompting an annoying error message. It occurs when a system file called Rundll32.exe gets inaccessible by the operating system. In this article you will learn how to fix Rundll32.exe error on Windows system.
RunDLL is also known as Rundll32.exe that is an important Microsoft Windows process and very significant for the Windows operating system to operate system properly. This file is stored within Windows directory at \Windows\System32.
Errors Related to Rundll32.exe file
- “Rundll32.exe error.”
- “Rundll32.exe is missing.”
- “Rundll32.exe not found.”
- “Rundll32.exe failed to load.”
- “Failed to register rundll32.exe”
- “Runtime Error: rundll32.exe”
- “Error loading rundll32.exe”
How to fix Fix RunDLL Errors or Rundll32.exe error
Method 1: Sometime RunDLL error appear with the following message
Module CT3298573 cannot be found
- Open the Task Manager
- Navigate to the Startuptab and find anything related to dll and right click to Disable it
- After it open registry editor, type regiedit in the search box and press Enterto open Registry Editor as administrator
- Navigate to the below given keys with the help of right pane of registry editor
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Run
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Run
- Deleteany key or value apparent to be dll related,
- CloseRegistry Editor Window and Reboot your PC
Method 2: Use Command Prompt
- Reboot your computer in the Safe Mode.
- If you have Windows defender then, scan your system drives with the help of defender.
- After assuring that you drives are free of malware, reboot the computer in Normal Mode.
- Now you have to recover the damaged or corruptedrundll32.exe.
- To do this, open Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
- Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and press Enter key.
- This command will replace the affected file with a new one.
- After the completion of process reboot your computer to take the effect.
Method 3: (Recommended by Professionals)
In case you are unable to execute the above-given methods because of lack of knowledge then you can try fixing registry errors with reliable registry cleaning software.
To fix different errors such as Windows Installer Errors, Windows Startup Errors, Active X Control problems, Active X Errors, Registry Errors and many others exe errors, you should try an automatic method to get rid of all these errors. Automatic method is suggested because there are various errors that are not fixed with any manual resolution, a professional PC Error Scanner will allow you to deal with all types of issues related to Windows system without doing anything manually. This application is packed with very easy to understand user interface especially for the normal user or those users that don’t have any technical skills.
Download and install this application and the rest task will be executed automatically by this. This scans your PC and fixes all the bugs or errors present inside your computer/laptop. You can also fix any types of system driver issues with the help of this software; it provides the facility to debug driver related problems. Now you don’t need to suffer from your sluggish system because its advance technology can turn an old system into a brand new computer. Try it once and improve the performance of your old computer.
Powerful Features of PC Repair Tool
- Back-up Registry – You can take backup of your system registry, it allows user to create registry backup so you can use it in any system crises.
- Built in scheduler – It comes with a built-in scheduler that scan your PC automatically after a fix time of interval.
- Deletes empty registry Keys – Through this tool you can make your registry database error free, it can remove all the unwanted registry keys from Windows.
- Checks invalid Class Keys – It can also check invalid class keys from windows system and help to run smoother. It also checks Shell Extension, invalid Help Files, Invalid Shared known DLL’s, invalid Paths and more.
- Manage/Cleanup Startup Programs – It also manage cleanup and startup applications of Windows system that help computer to boot without any delay.
- Scans for Invalid Program shortcuts – This tool also fix all types of invalid application shortcuts.