If you are Windows 10 user and encountering update error code 0x80070057 regularly, but don’t have any idea to fix it, then don’t worry because here you will get the complete solution to fix this issue with ease and make your Windows 10 system without any error.
To fix the 0x80070057 error code you must have administrator rights inside Windows 10 Technical Preview for the group policy editor feature available in the operating system and to access or run the required command lines in the Command Prompt window. But if you are the one that installed Windows 10 build 9926 then you won’t have any issues.
Tutorial on how to solve error code 0x80070057 while trying to do Windows updates
- Press and hold “Windows” button and “R” button from your keyboard altogether. This will open the “Run” window to your screen.
Left click the start button and in the search box present type “Run” then left click on the Run icon that appears after the search.
- In the run dialog box type the following: “gpedit.msc” removing the quotes and press “Enter” button.
- Now you have the local Group Policy Editor in your screen, double click on the “Computer Configuration” icon present in the right side.
- Double click “Administrative Templates” folder to open it.
- From the “Administrative Templates” folder open “Windows Components” folder.
- From “Windows Components” folder make double click to open “Windows Update” folder.
- In the windows update folder search for “Configure Automatic Updates” file and check if it is set to “Not Configured”.
- It is “Not Configured” then left click on the start button.
- In the search box write the following: “Cmd” without the quotes.
- After complete search right click on the “cmd.exe” icon and left click on the “Run as Administrator” option.
- If you receive any pop up from User account control then left click on the “Yes” button to continue.
- In the Command Prompt window write the following: “gpupdate /force” removing the quotes then press enter.
- Wait for a while until all tasks get complete and reboot your Windows 10 Technical Preview.
- After the system starts check again to see if you are able to use the updates feature in Windows 10.
If you have a basic knowledge of the Windows operating systems then it’s not that much hard to do you are able to do the steps above in just a couple of minutes of your time and get the Windows Update feature up and running in build 9926. But if you want to fix this issue quickly without going through such manual method then you can use PC Repair Tool to fix this error.
This software will make complete scan to your pc and repair the errors of the system by fixing the operating structure and by using technology of patent pending.
This professional software is well suited for solving issues while rebooting, start-up customization, windows structure fixation, browser helper object management, live updates, removal of program.