Fix: Update Error 0x80072EE2 in Windows 8.1, Windows 10!
If you are getting error message “0x80072EE2” on your Windows 8 and Windows 10 which happens because of the update feature which is in the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 systems. It basically prevents you from updating your system and let the system do the process. This error may occur due to many reasons, below you can see what are the things that causes this Error 0x80072EE2 to appear on your system and also how can you fix it.
How to fix Error code 0x80072ee2 in Windows 8.1?
The Windows 8 or Windows 10 fails to connect to the update server then you will get the error 0x80072EE2. Mainly if your Windows operating system does not get any response from the update server in a specific time frame then you will come across this error message. It may cause due to poor internet connection, even your Windows 8 or Windows 10 Firewall may block your access to the update server or perhaps you may have malfunctioning of the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 which interrupts the communication with the update server.
Steps on how to solve Error 0x80072EE2 in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
Make sure that your internet connection is working properly. Open any of the browsers on your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 system and try to access a website.
- If there is no problem with your internet connection then you will have to turn off your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 firewall for duration of time to see whether the error still appears. To do this:
- Firstly Left click on the “Start” button on your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 system.
- Then Left click on the “Control Panel” feature from the Start menu.
- You will have a search box presented in the “Control Panel” feature where you have to write “Firewall” without the quotes.
- After the searching get finished then left click on the “Windows Firewall” icon.
- Then you need to left click on the link that says “Turn Windows Firewall On or off” from the left side of the window.
- You may get prompt for an administrative account and password where you need to type the administrator account and the password.
- Then you need to left click on the “Public network settings” topic on the “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)”.
- Then you need to left click on the “Private network settings” topic on the “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)”.
- Then you need to left click on the “OK” button from the lower side of the window and apply the changes you made.
- Then you need to check and see if you still getting the error 0x80072EE2 after your Windows Firewall are turned off.
If you are still getting the error message even after performing the above step then you need to turn on the Windows Firewall by following the same above mentioned steps where you need to select the option to “Turn on Windows Firewall”
If the above steps does not work for you and you are still coming across this error message then you need to try to add update server address to your trusted websites in the Windows system to see if this is the root cause of the issue.
- Firstly open the Internet explorer application.
- Then Left click on the “Tools” tab which is at the upper side of internet explorer.
- Then you need to left click on the “Tools” menu on the “Internet Options”.
- Then you need to left click in the “Security” tab you have in the upper side of the “Internet options” window.
- Then you need to left click on the “Trusted Sites” option you have in the “Security” window.
- Then you need to left click on the “Sites”.
- Then you need to select the check box to clear the “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone” feature.
- You will get the topic there which says “Add this website to the zone”. Where you have to type the following address: http://update.microsoft.com and http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
- Then you need to left click on the “Add” button after typing the above addresses.
- Then you need to left click on the “OK” button to save your settings.
- Then again see whether the error still persists after performing the above mentioned steps.
- If you don’t get the error 0x80072EE2 anymore then leave the addresses that you saved in above trusted website section.
Make Use of “PC Repair Tool” To Fix Problems from inside of the Window
If you still finding this 0x80072EE2 error code then it may be because of certain files and settings of Windows which got corrupted while updating. The settings and files that are typically used for this process are saved in the “registry” database of the system. This is the central storage center for all the files and settings for your PC. As this keep a lot of information for Windows, such as your desktop wallpaper and your latest emails. Thus it may get corrupt and become prone to corruption and this may stop the Windows Update service from working. So to fix this problem you need to download a reliable registry cleaner such as PC Repair Tool and make use of it to fix all the problems from inside the system.