Runtime Error in Windows 8 is normal and often appears as an error code 429. It is a well known error and like the previous version of windows now it is common in Windows 8. Computer users might have experienced this error while launching a certain program or application. Just due to this error code an application or program can crash or shut down immediately. It appears with different messages and alerts and ends your desired application or program. There are various reasons that invite this error such as corrupt system files, Registry error, and virus infection. If you are facing run-time error in windows 8 then you can easily fix it by following the below prescribed solution:
- Update DirectX
- Repair your system files
- Re-register DAO350.dll file
- Internet Explorer
- Security software
- Registry error
Out dated version of DirectX can also cause error code 429 in Windows 8. It is an important part, and should be updated follow the steps to undated the version to get rid of this error:
- Download DirectX from Microsoft’s Official websites.
- Double click on setup file and start installation
- Press I Accept the Agreement after this press on next button
- Press finish when the installation process gets completed
- Restart your operating system.
Repair your system files:
The corrupt or damaged system files are one of the reasons behind the runtime error. Follow the steps to fix the error code 429:
- Insert Windows Installation disc CD/DVD ROM
- Click Windows Start button and then click Run
- Type SFC in Run Box, hit Enter and then click on Scan Now button
It is one of the Microsoft Office file which can be the reason behind the error 429 in Windows 8. If DAO350.dll file gets corrupt then it refuse the application to run properly. Thus to get rid of this issue you need to re-register the file by following the below steps:
- Click on Windows Start button and press Run dialog box
- In Run dialog Box type regsvr.exe C:\progra~1\common~1\micros~1\dao\dao350.dll
- Click on Ok button to finish!
You can locate DAO350.dll file from the system where MS Office program is working properly.
Internet Explorer settings:
Inaccurate settings of Internet Explorer can also invite this issue. Follow the below steps to get rid of error code 429.
- Launch Internet Explorer (IE)
- Go to Tools Tab and then choose Internet Options
- Click on Reset Button and confirm the changes
- Close browser and Reboot it
Sometime virus and other malicious malware infect the file and pass through the security solution. The error code 429 in Windows 8 might occur due to virus infection. So use antivirus program to get rid of virus attack.
Windows Registry error:
Windows Registry is main reason of almost every system errors. Error 429 might occur due to broken, corrupt, or deleted file information. Follow the below steps to scan and fix Registry errors:
- Download System/Registry Cleaner software such as RegInOut
- Install the program and then launch it
- Click on Start Scan | Click Fix Errors button
- Reboot your system after all the errors are solved
if you are still facing the issue then use PC Repair Tool to Fix Error Code 429.