Do you keep receiving d3drm.dll error messages while playing PC games or using your PC? We all are crazy about games nowadays games have become an important part of our daily schedule. You might get d3drm.dll error message when you try to install or run some programs. This type of error occurs when Windows or software starts or shuts down or when you are using computer or software.
It is very important to how and when d3drm.dll error happens and to figure out the reason and work out for effective solution.
This d3drm.dll error may be caused by the following reasons:
- d3drm.dll file get mistakenly deleted by someone, computer antivirus or cleaning tools.
- d3drm.dll file might be corrupted or damaged by virus infections.
- Some programs gets installed or uninstalled improperly.
- Configuration entries of d3drm.dll file is inactive in system registry.
- Something wrong with your computer’s hardware.
d3drm.dll Error Messages
- “d3drm.dll cannot be found.”
- “d3drm.dll is missing.”
- “Problem starting [path]\d3drm.dll. The specified module could not be found.”
- “Runtime Error. d3drm.dll pure virtual function call.”
- “Access Violation File [path]\d3drm.dll”
- “Unable to launch the software located at path: [path]\d3drm.dll”
- “This application requires the file d3drm.dll, which was not found on this system.”
How to Fix d3drm.dll Error Manually?
It is not recommended to download d3drm.dll file from DLL download websites as those sites can provide out-dated, incompatible DLL files for your system and software or can even infect your system with malicious malware. So if you want to copy d3drm.dll file, it is good get it from original and legitimate source.
And if you are unable to use your system normally due to d3drm.dll error message then you can start your system in Safe Mode to fix the issue by following any of the above error.
Important Note: never download d3drm.dll DLL file from any “DLL download site.” There are number of reason that downloading the DLL file from these sites can never prove to be a good idea.
Note: And if you have already downloaded the d3drm.dll from one of such sites then remove it and continue the below given steps.
- Reboot your computer if you haven’t yet done it.
The d3drm.dll error can be a fluke and a simple restart can fix it up completely.
- Install latest version of Microsoft DirectX. Chances are there that upgrading the latest version of DirectX can fix the d3drm.dll not found error.
Note: Microsoft released the updates to DirectX without updating version letter or number so be sure to install the latest update even if the version is same.
Note: Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, etc. all support same DirectX installation package. So you can install any DirectX 11, DirectX 10, or DirectX 9 file required and supported in that version of Windows.
- If the latest DirectX version from Microsoft unable to fix up the issue then look for DirectX installation program on your game or program CD or DVD. Generally if the game or other application utilizes DirectX, then the software developer include a copy of DirectX on installation disc.
Sometime not often, DirectX version contained in the disc is a better for your program than the latest version which you will get online.
- Uninstall game or software program and reinstall it again. Sometime it happen that the program files working with the d3drm.dll can do a trick after reinstalling.
- Restore d3drm.dll file from latest DirectX software package. If eth above steps fail to work properly then no need to worry you got another way, try extracting d3drm.dll separately from DirectX downloadable package.
- Update drivers for your video card. It is not the common solution but in some cases updating the drivers for the video card in your system can fix up the DirectX issue.
Still Getting d3drm.dll Error?
If you have tried the above solution but you still fail to resolve the issue then the last option left with you is to use a third party repair tool. PC Repair Tool is the professional tool that can easily fix up any sort of Windows or PC related issue. This tool is capable of repairing the d3drm.dll error.