Windows 10 Anniversary Update is launched by Microsoft, but many of the users are unable to download and install this update due to low system space. If you are not able to load and install Windows 10 anniversary update or PC/Laptops slows down after installing Windows 10 anniversary update then don’t worry and follow the below given tricks to free up system disk for Windows 10 anniversary update.
Note: Create a Backup of your present system’s data
Method 1: Remove all the unnecessary files to free up disk
Step 1: Press Windows + I and click on System -> Storage;
Step 2: After it choose the drive that you want to analyze, here you can see Windows 10 categorizes the content based on default folders, apps and games, system files etc;
Step 3: In order delete its content, click on the view button to open the folder location and then remove the unnecessary files.
Step 4: Again open Storage usage and click on Temporary files;
In Windows 10 list of temporary files you will see Temporary files, Download folder, Recycle bin and more. Delete all the temp files
Method 2: Remove File History versions to free up system disk
- Open Control Panel, and click on the File History > Click Advanced settings present on the left panel.
- Now, alter the default options under Versions by clicking on the drop down menu on the right.
- Click Clean up versions > choose the file versions that you want to delete from the drop down menu. In order to get the most space by only keeping one version of files, click All but the latest one option.
- Click on the Clean up button to complete the process and click Save changes button on Advanced settings.
Method 3: Remove/Uninstall unnecessary apps
- Press Windows + I and then click System > Apps & features;
- Find the applications that you don’t need and click Uninstall.
- Follow the on screen options to Uninstall the app completely.
All of the above given methods are manual way to free disk spaces in order to install Windows 10 anniversary updates. If you want to free up disk spaces automatically then you should try a professional Disk Cleanup tool. Download it and get rid of unnecessary files, junk folders and unwanted apps. This tool will also help your Windows 10 system to perform fast.